sixty-four || la vie en rose

the song for this chapter is "La Vie En Rose," by Louis Armstrong :)

***********

Hold me close and hold me fast
The magic spell you cast
This is la vie en rose
When you kiss me heaven sighs
And though I close my eyes
I see la vie en rose

***********

Harry

    You know those select few moments in life where it feels like your soul gets to leave your body, solely so that you can truly appreciate the things around you? It's like you get to look at your life from a completely unbiased perspective, and you get to separate the good from the bad, the tears from the laughter, and finally, just see the most in-depth view of your life?

   Yeah, that's where I'm at right now.

It was nearly time for dinner. The sun had almost completely set, and Tate was finishing up getting ready.

   She was sat by the big bay window in the bedroom we had chosen to stay in. There was a window seat, with a pale yellow cushion that had little blue and white flowers dotted all over it. She had one leg tucked into her so that the sole of her foot was touching her upper thigh, while the other leg lazily hung over the white painted wood of the window seat.

     I had finished getting ready forever ago, but I was just mindlessly picking around at my hair in the standing mirror in the room, pretending to be busy, just so that I could admire her in her natural state.

    She was wearing a simple champagne-colored dress that had a slit that went to her knee, and the bottom hem of the dress fell to just right above her ankles. Although, with the position that she was sat in right now, the dress had hiked up over her thigh, making the contrast of her tan skin against the satin material of the dress stand out beautifully.

    She hadn't put on her shoes yet, but they were placed on the ground beneath her. She thought that I hadn't noticed, but I watched her as she scooted them around on the ground until they were perfectly aligned next to each other. They were dainty little heels, with tiny little crystals all over them, and every time I moved my head, I caught them glinting in the light of the room.

    The dress had a tank top style upper half, with thin little straps that hung carelessly on Tate's shoulders, the straps themselves having rhinestones to match the ones embellished on her heels.

      Her hair was parted in the middle, her natural waves cascading down her back perfectly, and being one of the only things covering her exposed skin due to the low dip of her dress.

   There were little lights mounted on the inside walls of the window, vintage-looking ones, with Edison bulbs placed within them that cast the most beautiful glow on Tate's face as she applied her makeup.

   She was holding a vintage mirror in her hand that she had found on the desk in our bedroom, meticulously applying the dark brown mascara to her long lashes.  

    She had created a natural makeup look like she normally did, using a new lipstick that she had bought on our shopping trip to add a new addition to her look. It was by Gucci, and I only remembered that because I remember her reading out the name of it to me, it was called Goldie, and it was one of the most perfect and subtle red colors that I had ever seen, and it complimented her skin tone like it was crafted for her and her alone.