Experimentation and Hesitation

"Normal" - speaking 'Italics' - thinking/ writing(Bold) - author speaking/ author notes <Normal> - calling/ audio (Normal) - texting

"Normal" - speaking
'Italics' - thinking/ writing
(Bold) - author speaking/ author notes
<Normal> - calling/ audio
(Normal) - texting

(Third POV)

——————————————————————————

Izuku stands at the top of an abandoned building, looking over the edge.

'Yep, it's definitely high enough to kill anyone that hits the ground at this height,' Izuku concludes.

Stepping back, Midoriya walks over to to his duffle bag he had previously thrown to the side.

After bending down to open his duffle bag and taking his notebook out, Izuku quickly writes 'Test I' at the top of a clean page.

'My laptop is at the bottom of the alleyway, ready and recording,' Izuku begins thinking in his mind, standing back up.

'I want to find out how exactly it looks when I regenerate,' he continues.

Izuku walks back to the edge of the roof, getting ready to jump.

"..."

'I know I'm going to live, so... why am I hesitating?'

Izuku takes a few moments to clear his conscience, letting his hesitation dissipate.
Izuku takes another step forward, his toes hanging over the edge.

'I guess it would be a natural response for a human.'

'Would I be considered human?'

'Usually people wouldn't purposely put themselves in this position,' Izuku assumes.

'To decrease the chance of feeling too much pain, I need to make sure my head hits the ground first,' Midoriya estimates, watching as an old newspaper article flaps around in the wind, trying to escape from underneath a box trapping it from its chance at freedom.

"If I were to hit the ground with my feet first... let's just say that would suck... immensely," Izuku comments, trying not to imagine the outcome of such an action.

Izuku falls forward without any new intrusive thoughts, not giving his mind a chance to stop his body from acting on impulse.

.
130 feet
.
|
.
115 feet
.
|
.
Midoriya can feel the wind rushing past him, his hair flails around in every direction, tickling his face.
.
|
.
81 feet
.
|
.
Izuku leans back, angling his head down, in hopes it will hit the ground first.
.
|
.
55 feet
.
|
.
25 feet
.
|
.
5 feet
.
|
.
*THUD*
.

Izuku hits the ground with a loud crack, his skull splitting open like a watermelon, the brains being propelled forward onto the pavement.

Izuku's limbs lay unnaturally on the ground, little blood splatter surround his head.