Chapter 32- James Has An Army?

"You want me to what?" Evelyn stared, her eyes wide in indignation.

Dumbledore leaned back in his chair, comfortable in his office. "It has come to my attention that Mr. Potter and his friends have decided to train a student army. Doubtless, they are angry with me for refusing their participation in the Order." He peered over his half moon spectacles, fixing Evelyn with his piercing gaze, "I want you to help."

Evelyn looked around at the portraits hanging on nearly every corner of the wall. Some occupants watched her exchange with Albus in interest, while others rarely awoke. It was strange for her to be back and she didn't enjoy being away from Headquarters. There it was safe. "I'm not sure that's a good idea, Professor." She sat down, biting her lip. "The students won't forget I'm a werewolf."

"Ah," Dumbledore folded his hands together in front of his face, leaning forward. "I think you will find that in a time of such conflict, small facts are easily overlooked." He raised an eyebrow knowingly, "but I do not think that is your only fear."

Evelyn sighed, furrowing her brow. "James and the others aren't exactly on speaking terms with me at the moment." She bit her lip, "I'm trying to keep it that way."

"To keep from getting hurt again," Dumbledore observed, his blue eyes twinkling. "Yet it is when we learn to trust that we no longer bear great pain alone." The Headmaster stood, motioning for her to exit. "However, if that is your choice, I still ask that you help train the others. Their defense is crucial. I have arranged for a guide to lead you to the Room of Requirement."

Evelyn turned around, looking toward the doorway. A smile burst on her face. "SEV!"

Her brother lingered in the shadows, shifting uncomfortably, although he sent her a stiff grin. His hair had grown out a bit, falling softly against his forehead. Evelyn wrapped her arms around him, laughing wildly.

"You're alright!" she pulled back, scanning his expression carefully. "What's happened?"

Dumbledore waved a hand, his robes trailing against the stone floor. "Severus, I trust you will fill your sister in on all the necessary information?"

The Slytherin nodded abruptly before turning and exiting the office. Evelyn followed him immediately, without a glance backwards.

"What's been going on?" Evelyn hissed after she was certain there were no passerby. She pulled her brother's arm, forcing him to a halt. "What have you been doing?"

"You never learn patience!" Severus snapped, his eyes flashing in annoyance. Taking a deep breath through his nose, he let out a sigh. "Seeing as you will let me go no further without an interrogation, I'm going to say everything now. But you can't interrupt," he raised an eyebrow, "understood?" At Evelyn's nod, he began to pace in the corridor. "I thought being close to the Death Eaters would be useful. That I could protect you from attacks. Regulus plays a significant role, and I've tried to watch out for him for you." Severus rolled his eyes, "not that he accepts it. After I heard that you were fighting for the Order, I decided to follow. They need at least one competent fighter."

Evelyn's mouth fell open as she stared at her brother in shock. "You work for the ORDER?"

"Please, announce it for the entire school to hear," Severus hissed, his eyes flashing over her shoulder dangerously. He lowered his voice, "I'm a spy."

Evelyn's face paled as she noted his serious expression. "How?"

Severus groaned before grabbing her arm harshly and pulling her down the corridor. "Do you ever stop asking questions? It means I work for both sides."

Evelyn halted as her brother came to a stop, panting heavily. She wiped a bead of sweat from her face. "I admit, I'm impressed." She sent Severus a mischievous grin, "never thought you would be the trouble maker."