˗ˋ 17

╭                                                                 ╮━━━  " 📂  " ‍

╭ ╮
━━━  " 📂 " ‍..⃗. ༉

𝙍 𝙊 𝙈 𝘼 𝙉 𝘾 𝙄 𝙉 𝙂

 ! chapter seventeen ─── ʚĭɞ

╰ ╯

╰                                                               ╯

Miyeon returned to the classroom to find a crowd around Jugyeong. It seemed that word about Suho and Seojun's fight had spread around the school already, and people continued to join the circle around her, students even crowding at the windows.

"Jugyeong, I heard you got confessions from both Han Seojun and Lee Suho." Sihyun said, and Miyeon faltered, before pushing through the crowd and standing by her friends side, the rest of those making noises as Sihyun asked who she was going to choose.

"What choosing?" Jugyeong asked, Taehoon starting a drum beat, everyone joining in and going quicker and quicker until he stopped it.

"Will it be God Suho or God Seojun?" He asked, holding his arms out wide to stop the noise and opening his eyes, looking down at Jugyeong. "Who will you choose?" Choruses of 'Who' followed him.

"It's not like that." Jugyeong insisted. "There's no way the top two would both like me. Their relationship isn't good, so that's probably why they fought."

"It's very likely." Miyeon nodded, trying to take some of the pressure off of her.

"No it's not that!" Their classmates replied, clearly not happy with the answers, protesting until Taehoon shushed them.

"But then why did Mr H sit besides Miss I?" He asked, with a tone of all-knowingness. "We would like to know." He was impersonating some host of a TV show and Miyeon shook her head, not believing what she was hearing.

"Hey, hey!" Sooa said, standing up and clapping, instantly getting everyone attention. "If Jugyeong says it isn't like that, then it isn't. Go back to your respective classrooms!" She shooed them away with her hands.

There was much protest, but eventually they all dispersed, leaving Jugyeong looking rather crestfallen and altogether overwhelmed in her chair. "You're having a hard time because you're pretty." Sooa said. "Think about if an average girl sat in that position. Do you think these rumours would've come about? It's tiring."

Jugyeong sighed, resting her head against her chair, Miyeon patting her on the arm consolingly before heading back to her own chair, looking up when someone pointed out that Suho was coming in.

Then, the door behind Miyeon banged open and Chorong and his gang walked in. "Hey, Lee Suho." He said. "Come see me for a bit."

Miyeon thought about stepping in, once having gotten along with both involved. But this time, she just shrugged and watched Suho go - they wouldn't do anything serious anyway. And if they did, well Suho could stick up for himself, he was very well trained in Taekwondo.

They had gotten told to stay after school, after getting caught by the same teacher. "More fool them." Miyeon said, linking arms with Jugyeong as they left school. "Shouldn't have been picking a fight in such a public place. You've been looking down, is there a cafe near your house that you like? Or somewhere we can go for food? It'll be my treat!" She smiled, still not looking forward to going home.

"There is one place.. but we should get changed first, it'll be uncomfortable in our uniforms." Jugyeong suggested. And agreeing to meet up outside her house? the girls headed their separate ways home.

Miyeon had never been so excited to get back home, but, when she made her way in through the front door, she froze in her tracks.

Not only was her mother sat on the sofa, but her father too. And they looked like they wanted to talk to her. "Miyeon, come sit." Her mother called, but the Hwang girl was already making a beeline for tinge stairs. "Miyeon!" The woman raised her voice.

"Sorry, I have a lot of school work to do. " Miyeon replied, ignoring her parents protests as she continued up the stairs, locking her door and changing out of her uniform, sitting down on her bed.

It was typical, the minute she wanted to enjoy something with her new friend, her parents just had choose that night to spend time together.

And so, hesitant but knowing it was what she needed to do, Miyeon pressed on Jugyeong's contact. She didn't pick up her call, but voicemail was probably better anyways. "Hey, I don't think I can make it - my parents are both here for once and I'm either required to go eat dinner with them or I'll be locked up in my room all night - but I promise, when we go shopping I'll buy you lunch."

Hanging up, the Hwang girl laid down on her bed, arms wrapped around her torso as she stared at the ceiling. It was beginning to feel like home again, the sudden change brought on by both her parents being downstairs and Miyeon locking herself in her room all evening - reminded her of how it was before she had gone off to New York.

And it seemed like she was getting used to being back in Seoul. It was still painful, but she was dealing with it better and better every day.

Unconsciously, she began fiddling with the bracelet on her wrist, trying to figure out why it just went so wrong, why everything seemed to happen all at once.

Why it even had to happen at all.