34

Damon's pov

I'm at this stupid little proper tea party right now at the Lockwoods.  It's just a bunch of adults walking around talking and eating from cheese trays.  I'm not here for any of that though.  I'm here to finally meet Elijah.  The one I've heard so much about.

"What can I do for you, Damon?" I heard and turned around to see a man.

"And you are?" I said.

"I'm guessing you already know who I am" He said.

"Elijah" I said.

"You're here for me?" He said.

"I'm here for a tea party" I said and he just stared at me.

"Why don't we move somewhere private.  So we can speak" He said and I just glared and nodded.  We make our way to an empty room and I walk in and then I turn to face him.

"So...where's Elena and Alexandra?" He said.

"Elena is safe.  With Stefan.  Alexandra is home.  They're laying low, you know.  Bit of a werewolf problem" I said.

"Oh, yeah.  I heard about that." He said.

"I'm sure you did since it was your witch that saved the day" I said.  During our rescue to save Caroline, the witch working for Elijah showed up to help us get out.

"You are welcome" He said.

"Which adds to my confusion on exactly why you're here." I said.

"Why don't you just stay focused on keeping the girls safe and leave the rest to me" He said and then turned to leave but I use my speed to move in front of him.

"Not good enough" I said and he glared at me.  He grabs my neck and pins me against the wall and I groan.  I then grab his neck but he grabs my hand cracking it and I drop it in pain.

"You young vampires, so arrogant.  How dare you come in here and challenge me?" He said.

"You can't kill me, man.  It's not part of the deal" I said.

"Silence." He said and then grabbed a pencil of the desk and stabbed it into my neck and I yell in pain.

I grab the pencil and he let go of me and I fell to the ground ripping the pencil out and felt the blood running down my neck.

"I'm an original.  Show a little respect." He said handing me a handkerchief and I snatch it.  "The moment you cease to be of use to me, you're dead, so you should do what I say.  Keep them safe" He continued and then left the room.

I really need to start listening to Alex.

•••

Alexandra's pov

Damon has been at this event at the Lockwoods for awhile now.  I'm a little anxious knowing that him and Elijah are going to be in the same place at the same time.  I know Elijah won't harm Damon, but I'm not sure what Damon will do.  And then I know Elijah won't hesitate to react.   I just hope Damon is smart about this.