Chapter 1.

It's not that falling for someone was forbidden within the four walls of the BAU, however, the act was indeed frowned upon when the man you've fallen for is the Unit Chief, Aaron Hotchner, but how could she not?

-

"Hotch?" Emily said as she walked up the catwalk, peering through the window of her boss's office.

"Come in." She opened the door to find her boss, sat in an almost dark room. His face, just being lit by the small desk lamp he had on, as he lifted it to meet with hers, grew a small, rare smile.

"What are you still doing here? Is Jack with Jessica tonight?" Emily had always cared about the well-being of the kids within the Behavioural Analysis Unit. With the bone crushing feeling that she was getting too old for kids, taking the role of the 'cool aunt' is all she seemed good for until she could find the one. For she wanted more.

"Yeah. They went to visit Haley's grave today. I think Jack misses her."

"Oh, Hotch. I'm sorry." A sympathetic smile fell across her face.

"Don't worry. Is there something you need?" He asked.

"Uh, there was but it's fallen from my mind now. It will probably come back to me soon." She smiled. "I guess something distracted me." Her comment gained his attention, simply resulting in his head springing up. "I'll talk to you about it tomorrow if I remember."

As she went to shut the door on her way out, he spoke, "Do you want a drink?"

"What?"

"Rossi and I have a shared liquor drawer in his office. Do you want one?"

"Sure." She shut the door and sat down in the chair opposite, secretly glad he asked her to stay.

-

He grabbed the almost empty bottle of booze in front of them, "I think you've had enough. You're simply out of your mind now, Emily." Emily. He never said her name. It wasn't like he was supposed to, he's her boss, but the affect it gave on her was incredible.

"Me? More like you!" She said giggling, taking the bottle back from his firm grip. Whatever was in the drink they stole from Rossi's office, it was strong and worked it's way through their systems rather rapidly.

Her small crush on her boss didn't go unnoticed by the girls on the team throughout the years. JJ and Garcia seemed to have a little fan club where they would gossip about the possibilities of Emily and Aaron getting together. Emily thought it was ridiculous and denied all allegations but after feeling the grip he had over an empty bottle, she couldn't help but let her mind wander into what else he could grip like that.

They had now moved over to the couch in Hotch's office, both ignoring all work they had to finish. Time shot by and it was around 2 AM, to Emily's estimation. She was unable to read the clock properly without her vision going slightly blurry.

Hotch went to grab the bottle again, but it slipped from her grip as she felt the warmth of his hand brush against her's. Shock waves of electricity shot throughout her body, resulting in a now broken bottle and the small scent of a fancy booze on the floor.

"Shit." She whispered. "I'm sorry, Hotch."

As she knelt down and started cleaning up, she felt that same warm hand against her shoulder. "It's okay."
Again, shockwaves.

She jumped, dropping a piece of glass and cutting her finger slightly, proceeding to drop all the glass she had already gathered.

"Ow." She said, applying pressure to the small cut.