Chapter 1: Throwing People at Walls

⇠⇠⇠⇠⇠

Percy woke up abruptly to a phone ringing loudly. Groaning, the demigod declined the call without glancing at the device. To her annoyance, the phone rang again.

"What? I'm sleeping," the tired girl complained as she picked up the phone. She was finally receiving a good nights sleep, only to be disturbed by whoever was calling her. The demigod still occasionally had nightmares. The trauma from the war affected her even after many months.

Her friend, Damon, replied, "Well, wake up. We're having a group meeting."

The Salvatore hung up the phone without waiting for a response. Percy glared at the phone, silently cursing him in her mind.

Dam him.

The demigod moved to Mystic Falls a few months ago to finish her last year of high school. It was hard to find a school that would accept her after she managed to get banned from attending schools in New York. She was just that talented.

The tired nineteen year old threw the blankets off of her and got out of bed. She walked to the bathroom to take a quick shower. The water helped wake her up and gave her new energy. After using her powers to dry her body, Percy got changed. She put on jeans and a dark green sweatshirt that complimented her sea green eyes.

She walked downstairs to grab something to eat before going to the boarding house. The raven haired beauty lived in a large house across from the Salvatore residence, courtesy of Poseidon. The god gifted it to her, along with a blue jeep. After the war, many of the gods tried to spend more time with their children. They would make up some excuses to Zeus and occasionally visit.

Sally and Paul still lived in New York. Percy wanted the opportunity to live on her own and she had hoped to have a less stressful life at Mystic Falls. The demigod's hope didn't last long though, when she discovered the existence of vampires and other beings in the town.

When Percy arrived at the Boarding house, she was greeted by Damon. The demigod smiled, "Hey Dae." The vampire returned the smile back, "You're late."

Percy rolled her eyes at him, walking past him into the living room where everyone else was gathered.

"So what's up?" The demigod questioned. Elena responded, "Klaus made his first move today at school."

"Oh, I skipped class to sleep today," Percy shrugged.

Damon rolled his eyes at her, "So, we go to the dance, and find him."

"Really? How are we going to do that? We don't even know what he looks like." The younger Salvatore commented.

Damon answered, "Something tells me he's not going to be sixteen and pimply."

Percy thought about his comment, "Oh gods! What if he's hot?"

Damon glared at her. "Why would that matter? He's trying to kill Elena."

"Well, it'd be harder to kill him if he's cute. Duh," she smiled cheekily.

Stefan tried to get the group to focus, not wanting to hear more of that conversation. "He could be anywhere at any time. He compelled somebody at school."

The leather-jacket-wearing vampire retorted, "I guess it's not as safe as you guys thought, huh?"

Percy started to feel a pull in her gut and her eyes were drawn to the front door. A moment later, a knock could be heard.

Hmm, Percy thought, Nobody in this town knocks.

The history teacher walked into the room. Damon turned to Alaric, "There you are."