First Rehearsal

Amanda greets us at the door with a grin. Her hair is in a sweaty bun and her skin is shiny. 

"I wasn't expecting you guys so early." She pants. "I was working out in the garage. I'm gonna finish that and shower. There's food in the fridge and clean cups in the cabinet. Make yourselves at home." She says as she steps back from the door.

"Good to see you too." Liam snickers as he steps in, heading straight for the kitchen.

Amanda scoffs and gives him the finger as the door to her garage gym shuts.

Liam opens the pantry and sticks his head in. 

"We have been here less than thirty seconds, and your already scavenging the kitchen for food?" I say.

Half of Liam's body is lost in the cabinet as he ventures deeper and deeper in a desperate search for something to eat.

"Shut up I'm hungry." He fights to say over the ruffling of plastic potato chip bags.

I roll my eyes and leave him to his ritual, heading up the stairs and into Amanda's bedroom. I toss my backpack onto her floor and slump into her arm chair. Her door stands wide open, bringing view to her brothers room, which is across from hers. It is also open.

I can't remember the last time I saw her brother. Aside from when I see him downstairs getting food. But that doesn't really count. He's only down there for a second before he returns to hibernate in his room. His name is Austin. He's tall, with long, dirty blonde hair. And I think he's 17. One year older than me. Back when we were all younger, we were actually quite close. But as time pasted we stopped talking. He was technically my first boyfriend. We 'dated' in preschool. He was technically my first kiss too. But we were so young. I don't know if he even remembers that. I don't think it really matters.

I check CiC, praying that Cole texted me back. But there's no message. He hasn't even been online since this morning. He never answers me. But it's selfish of me to be mad about it. He is just busy. I just wish he would at least tell me. At least tell me, something. Anything. I wish he would talk to me.

I stare wistfully at my phone, and sigh.

"Hey."

I gasp and look up. Its Austin? I had no idea he was home. Amanda told us he was at his girlfriends for the night.

"uh- hi." I laugh nervously. "You scared the shrap outa me."

What. The. Fuck. 

"Shrap?" He smiles.

"I-uh was trying to say, shit and then, crap, came out too." I weakly utter.

"Oh haha." He looks down at my phone in my hand and sees that CiC is open.

"Still with that dude from Alaska?"

"Arizona" I correct. " And yeah. I was just seeing if he responded." I power off my phone and flip it onto the bed.

I look up. "wait, aren't you supposed to be at your girlfriends?" I say.

"I broke up with her." He seems unfazed by his words.

"Wha- What? Why?" Amanda told me all the time that he bragged about that girl constantly. He said he was going to marry her. That she was the love of his life. Why would he break up with her?

"That bitch cheated on me. Has been for months, apparently."

My eyes widen. "Shit"

"Yeah."