𝙰𝚜𝚜𝚞𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎 & 𝙰𝚍𝚟𝚒𝚌𝚎

It has been a really tiring day for Y/N.

Preparations for their club's charity event, school committee duties, and even helping a section with their gardening duties (yes, that same section).

To add that that she wanted to finish her school works before winter break so she can just relax during the entirety of the said vacation.

Maybe finish the list of animes that have been long overdue since she easily gets distracted with another title everytime.

Maybe she can hang out with Tadashi and Kei before their tournament.

She's getting ready to call it a day when the doorbell rings.

Y/N lazily dragged her feet to the front door to see the tall blonde she's been trying to avoid the whole day.

But how can she ignore him when he's standing in front of her with one of her favorite flowers in hand.

Half of his face buried on his scarf that she tried knitting for him 2 Christmas ago. Ever since that day, she noticed that he's been wearing the scarf every time the season changes.

Aside from the seasons constantly changing, did something change between the two of them as well?

"I'm sorry..."

-----

"L/N-chan~"

Y/N turned to the familiar voice calling out to her along the hallway. Halting on her tracks and turning to her heels.

She was greeted by her favorite seniors. Daichi, Sugawara and Asahi, who were smiling and waving at her, bowing her head in return as a greeting.

"Are you taking those to the faculty room?"

Asahi took half of the work books from her even without waiting for her response. Followed by Daichi who took the remaining in her hands.

"Thank you so much! I was asked to bring it to Nakamura-sensei since she's too busy to get them."

"Ah. So it's from 'that' section."

Y/N nodded at Asahi who sighed heavily remembering the interaction they had at the school backyard with that section.

"L/N-san, you know you need to learn how to decline sometimes. I've been seeing you going to the office back and forth lately."

Daichi glanced at the younger girl with concern as they make their way to the faculty room to deliver the work books.

"But they're asking nicely anyway, and it makes me happy whenever I see everyone happy because I helped them in my own way."

The third years looked at her on what she said. They knew how Y/N is always nice, but she's too nice. And that's too much for their heart to take specially after seeing her smile.

Clearing his throat to compose himself, Sugawara placed a hand on top of her head.

"But Daichi's right, L/N-chan. You should learn how to say 'no' or they'll abuse that kindness. Even to Tsukishima, not because you're his girlfriend, doesn't mean that you can't say 'no' to him too."

And with that, the third years nodded in mutual agreement.

-----

"No."

Y/N plainly answered with her arms crossed which completely took Tsukishima off guard.

He wasn't ready for that. To heck, he can't even believe that she straight out rejected him this time.

And to add that he never apologised to anyone before.

"I... I said no, Tsukishima Kei."

Her voice faltered at first but she managed to compose her words anyway to prove that she meant it, stomping her foot at her next statement.

"Just because you're my boyfriend, doesn't mean I'll forgive you right away!"

There it goes again. Her failed attempt of a glare that his eyes widened at seeing her cheeks puffed in replacement to a supposed frown that he wasn't able to contain laughing out loud.

He was laughing so hard that he clenched on his stomach. Well, that only infuriate her more, of course.

"W-why are you laughing, Tsukishima Kei?!"

She raised her voice so she can be heard behind his laughter but he just laughed louder at that.

"God, you're so cute."

It felt like ages before Tsukishima's laugh slowly died down, catching his breath as he wipe the tears away from his eyes behind his glasses from laughing too much.

She's supposed to be mad at him and show that she can make her own decisions, that includes rejecting someone as well like their seniors taught her.

But why is she blushing right now?

Maybe. Just maybe because this is the first time she heard him call her cute. And he even proved it when he leaned down and placed a kiss on her forehead.

Tsukishima stepped back, hiding half of his face once again with the scarf around his neck.

"And Y/N? I... I don't... I don't dislike you... never forget that."

And that is enough assurance for her. It doesn't matter whether he tell her the L-word or not.

He knows his way with his actions. And that's enough to make her feel loved all the time.

xx