Chapter 23: Her Debut

Lyrica could see there was a big crowd, probably over a hundred people were there looking at them with their eyes. She felt a bit nauseous at first when she saw everyone, but instead she took a deep breath out and smiled gently to the crowd of people.

Everyone was in awe with the two of them. Many of the girls were taken away mostly from Lyrica's natural beauty. Her specially made gown looked perfect and her makeup looked effortless. Although unaware of it, she looked like a real princess today. The boys in the crowd were also blushing at the sigh of seeing Lyrica for the first time, their breaths were taken away from her beauty.

"Hey Lady Lyrica is quite beautiful isnt she?"

"We've never seen her since she was a child, but now she's so elegant."

"Who knew that someone from the States could be one of us..."

Lyrica looked deeper into the crowd of people and noticed Ryan and Lucia. She smiled a little brighter to them to let them know she notices them.

"Woah isn't Lyrica pretty!" Lucia looked up at Ryan who was awestruck by her. He was totally enamored.

Cassien wasn't really smiling, but had a more relaxed face. But, to the public it seemed more like a stern face. Lyrica took a glance at him and laughed just a little bit to let it out.

"What is it?" He whispered to her while walking.

"Smile, you look best when you smile." She said to him, "Either that or scare the crowd away." She joked to him.

"I'm not scaring them away." He then forced a smile, "See I'm smiling."

Lyrica held in her laughter because his smile was so forced, but they continued down the aisle. In front of them was the officiator of the ceremony, the Emperor, Empress, and Peter was also to the side of his mother smiling at the two of them. Once they both made it to the front completely Lyrica turned Cassien and did a curtsy. She then bowed in front of the Emperor and Empress just like how she rehearsed with Thomas. Lyrica walked over to stand next to Peter and he smiled at her.

He mouthed the words to her, "Good job."

She slightly nodded her head as a sign of thanks.

"We are here today to celebrate the first Prince of Valentino's birthday, Cassien Marth Ruven Valentino." The officiator announced.

The claps from everyone in the room echoed for a few seconds then stopped.

"Let us begin the ceremony of rights of the Prince's Debutanté." The officiator started.

They started off with the Prince's Oath, where Cassien had to recite words he memorized to the whole crowd.

"Doe you, Prince Cassien give his heart out to the health of The Empire of Valentino. Will you put in your blood, sweat, and tears, for the happiness of others so they may prosper."

"I do, I devote my heart to The Empire of Valentino. I will bring glory and peace to the people as I age. I will listen to the people, defeat those who have wronged, and give new hope for those in the dark." Cassien recited, "Trust in me and I will do as you say. As my priority will be for the smiles of others before me."