2: New bodyguard

Lailah DK

His eyes stared deep into mine, he was short of words. That I can tell from the way he erupted into the loudest laughter I have heard today.

"What's wrong with you?" His father asked the exact question that lingered in my mind. Why was he laughing, I'm sure there's no drawing on my face to make him laugh as loud as this.

"A girl?, A girl as my bodyguard?" He paused and began to cough from the laughter which had begun to choke him.

"DK is not just any type of girl, don't underestimate her Haider," his father said and he chuckled before staring at me and saying "Please DK, don't waste your time here, I'm a man and I need no woman's protection" he got up on his feet.

I looked over to his father and he nodded for me to follow him, so I forced a smile on my lips and got up along with him.

"Prince Haider I've been assigned to protect you and I never fail at my Assignment" I spoke for the first time, my voice was filled with great certainty and bravery.

"Then fail at this one, you are a woman and women are weak" his words shot at my heart like an arrow. I immediately formed a fist.

"Haider whether you like it or not, DK will be your bodyguard. I'm not losing another one of my sons" his father said, he looked deep into his father's eyes and nodded before looking down calmly. He seemed touched by his father's words.

"Okay You highness, DK come with me. I'm late for my meeting" He turned to me and said and I smiled with a nod. "And dad, how about the other bodyguard?" He asked.

"He has been taken care of," his dad said and he nodded.

"DK remember your promise," his father said and I was quick to nod with my hand on my chest.

We both went outside his father's chamber and walked towards his car where I immediately opened the backseat of his car for him.

"You don't have to do that DK," he said.

"It's part of my job," I said and he huffed and nodded. He entered his vehicle and sat down while I took the front sit along with the driver.

We were off to his so-called meeting. while in the car, I kept taking glimpses of him. He was one of the most peaceful-looking souls I had ever seen, he looked nothing like the men back in the military. They looked tough and rude, but this one right here looked extremely peaceful.

We halted in front of a glass tall building and I immediately came down from the vehicle and rushed to his side to open the door. He looked at me with an expression I didn't pretty much understand, what was wrong with him.

"Stay here, don't follow me," he said in such a rude mannerism. Wow, for a person with a calm face he sure is rude.

"I've been assigned to protect you," I said.

"Are you God?" He asked and I immediately nodded in the negative.

"So shut the fuck up," he said.

"Sir..." He raised his hand in the air and I paused in my speech.

"I don't want to hear any complaint from you, sit down in the car like a good girl" he placed his hand on my shoulder and said. I placed my hand on his and pushed it away and opened the car and sat in it.

"What an arrogant man!" I said and the driver chuckled.

"Is that how he behaves?" I asked the driver and he nodded.

"Well he is damn rude," I said and he chuckled.

"Don't mind him, that's just his nature. Ever since he traveled overseas he changed. He has been rude, annoying, and arrogant" The driver said and I shook my head pitifully.