Memories

"You have your mother's eyes

"You have your mother's eyes."

y/n pov

I kept my wand in my hand the entire run to the cabin down by the lake.

Hogwarts is in ruins. There's chaos everywhere you look. Trolls, fires, house elves with knives? It's a mess.

We turned the corner into a half destroyed corridor. Right at the end of it was Lavender.

Dead on the ground.

Greyback over her body.

"Stupefy!" I yelled, wand pointed at Greyback. It sent him flying into the cement wall behind him.

"Stuepfy!" I repeated again, with even more stamina and determination to see Fenrir Greyback pay for all he has done.

The wall behind him fell back, sending him falling down to the moat below Hogwarts. No one could survive that fall and that's what I'm counting on right now.

"That's my girl." Harry breathed as he looked out at where Greyback had just fallen.

I looked down at Lavender.

"Hey, y/n?" Lavender called from down the hall.

"Yes?" I asked, a little confused as to why she was talking to me. Lavender and I had never really spoken to one another before besides during our time as potion's partners. I actually really enjoyed talking to her, despite Ron's complaints.

"First of all, I love your boots. Second of all, I know we don't usually talk, especially since Won W-Ron broke up with me, but do you maybe want to hang out some time?"

"Really? I would love too, sure."

She linked her arm with mine and we continued to walk down the hall. "Yay! And I really do love your boots, where ever did you get them?"

Lavender and I went to Hogsmede and shopped together almost every weekend after that day. A few tears slipped from my eyes as I remebered the times we shared.

I continued running on, trying my best to ignore the aching feeling growing in my heart.

We finally got down to the cabin by the lake and kneeled behind a dusty glass wall they wouldn't be able to see us behind.

I wrapped Harry's jacket tight around me as I waited anxiously for someone to speak.

"You have performed extraordinary magic with this wand, my lord, in the last few hours alone." Snape said after what felt like hours of waiting.

"No. No, I am extraordinary, but the wand resists me." Voldemort spit.

"There is no wand more powerful. Ollivander himself has said it. Tonight, when the boy comes, it will not fail you. I am sure of it. It answers to you and you only."