The Boy Who Lived

"What about our forever?"

harry pov

I pushed open the large door to what used to be Dumbledore's office.

Snape didn't change much. Everything looked the same, as if Snape hadn't even stepped foot in it.

I'm trying not to think about his death. Or any of the deaths for that matter. There's always time to mourn, but right now I need to focus on the one's that are still alive, and keeping them alive.

I walked over to the now dusty memory pensive. I carefully popped the top off of the bottle and let Snape' tears drop into the bright blue liquid.

I was almost immediately transported into the memory.

I gasped as I left the memory.

I have to die.

Dumbledore's been keeping me alive just so he can kill me when it's convienient.

There's nothing I can do to avoid it. I have to die. I'm a horcrux. Once Nagini and I are gone, Voldermort will be to.

I sat down on the steps and held my head in my hands.

I'm not ready to die yet.

But it's the only way.

~

I walked down the steps, blank expression, looking straight ahead and at nothing else.

I never imagined I'd have to walk to my death. I always thought I'd die in a rocking chair from old age or maybe some uncurable illness.

Ron, Hermione, and y/n were waiting for me at the bottom of the steps. How am I supposed to say goodbye to them?

Once they saw me, they quickly got up and turned to see what the next move was. The next step in defeating Voldemort.

"I'm going to the forest now." I said as I walked up to them, hoping they'd understand.

I could see their expressions change as they realized what I meant.

"No. No, you're not." y/n said as she shook her head in denial of what was to come.

"Are you mad?" Ron exclaimed. "You can't give yourself up to him."

A stayed silent a moment before taking a long breath and begenning to try to explain to them what I had just learned. "There's a reason I can here them....the horcruxes. I think I've known for a while. I think we all have."

"No." y/n said so quietly it was almost a whisper. If she wasn't crying before, she was now.

"I'll go with you." Hermione said through a sob.