It All Ends

"I love you, y/n

"I love you, y/n."

y/n pov

An entire hour he's been gone. 

An entire hour I've been sitting here wondering if the man I plan to marry someday is still allive.

I sat on what was left of the front steps of the school and looked out at the ruined courtyard. 

A loud rumbling made everyone look towards the front gates of the school. I looked over the heaps of rocks to see the deatheaters returning. 

"Ron! Hermione!" I called as I got up. "They're back!"

I tried to peer over the crowd forming on the front steps of Hogwarts. Never in my life have I seen so many people banding together. No matter what house, age, blood status, every student and professor at Hogwarts were crowding the courtyard, holding each others hands, hugging, crying, just being together.

I pushed to the front of the crowd, Ron running right behind me. 

Voldemort led the deatheaters, a wicked smile on his face as he did. I know what that means, we all do. I'm just not ready yet to admit to myself that Harry Potter is dead.

I noticed Hagrid carrying someone in his arms, somewhat confirming my worst fears.

"Harry Potter.....is dead!" Voldemort announced.

And just from those four words, I felt my world coming to a halt.

All of my favorite memories of us flashed through my head.

When we first met.

My e/c eyes met with some of the most beautiful emerald ones. The owner quickly blushed when he realized I caught him staring at me.

"Sorry for staring, I accidentally do that sometimes" he said as he laughed lightly rubbing the back of his neck.

"It's ok." I assured with a smile to which he returned "I'm y/n".

"Harry, Harry Potter"

When I realized I liked him.

"What are you doing for Christmas this year?" he asked.

"I don't want to go home. My father has been ignoring my letters and when he does reply hes always vague and finds something to lecture me about." I looked down

"He's been this way ever since my mother died. I remember every Christmas we used to sit around the tree and sing muggle Christmas songs." I lightly smiled remebering the happy memories we used to share.

"Now I spend Christmas alone in my room." A tear slipped from my eye, I didn't even notice I had been crying.

Harry lifted my chin to face him and wiped my tear. "There's no reason to cry over him, you have Ron, Hermione, and I now. You can come with us to the Burrow."