thirty !

chapter thirty

college applicants

"scott? scott, you in here?" after the championship game, kida had somehow managed to lose stiles, and scott was nowhere to be found. she assumed that stiles had disappeared to celebrate with his father, and scott was most likely changing in the locker room. she heard a small answer, as she walked into the locker room to find her werewolf counterpart. as she found him, she saw him walking slowly towards the showers, where a lacrosse ball had rolled to his feet. "what's going on?" scott hel a hand behind his back, signalling the girl to stop in her tracks and wait for him.

"thank god! do you have any idea what's been going on?" scott let out a breath as derek came out of the shadows, and kida walked up to him and placed a soft hand on his shoulder. she watched as derek twirled a lacrosse stick in his hands, a menacing look in his eyes. derek looked beyond scott and kida, and as the duo turned around, they realised why he looked so fearful. there stood derek's uncle, one that was supposed to be catatonic in the hospital at that point. "i really don't get lacrosse." he said suddenly, making kida scoff gently and roll her eyes at the older man.

"you would if you were smarter." she said under her breath, making the man snarl at her, and scott wrap his arm tighter around her. pete began to trail off about how he needed scott's help, and maybe even kida's too. she wasn't about to help some psycho werewolf murder people, certainly not the family of scott's girlfriend. instead, she looked towards the showers, making one of the heads lift up and blast derek in the back of the head. "i can't believe you're on his side. he's a psycho!" she said adamantly, as the wolf stood soaking.

"are you forgetting the part where he killed your sister?" scott said, his voice raising as he looked in disbelief. derek only relayed that it was a mistake, looking to kida with what looked to be sadness in her eyes. she was still reeling from actually seeing peter, and she wasn't ready to help him in any way. scott scoffed again, looking between the two wolves, as derek told scott that the argents were holding him back from reaching his full potential.

"if they're holding me back from becoming a psychotic nut job like you...i'm okay with that." peter took a menacing step towards scott, to which kida stood in front of him and stared deeply into the man's eyes. he began to splutter, and kida smiled as he doubled over. she had leant that not only could she manipulate water, but all liquids. including blood. "you feel that? that's your blood boiling and killing you from the inside."

scott pulled her back, and she released her hold on the older man. scott held her into his side, until peter stepped forwards, pushing kida into derek's embrace, and plunging his claws into the back of scott's neck. he began convulsing, his eyes opening wide and letting his body drop to the floor. kida screamed, forcing her way out of derek's grip and onto the floor beside scott. she pulled his head into her lap, silently crying and shushing him.

"dude, we have a huge problem." stiles came running into the locker room, where scott and kida sat covered in blood, with kida's head resting on scott's shoulder. stiles look worriedly down at his girl, making her stand up and pulling her into his embrace. she only frowned, nuzzling her head into his side gently. "we know, sti." she leaned up to place a soft kiss on his lips, as he melted into her touch. as they pulled away, he smiled, brushing her hair behind her ear gently.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

the next day, kida and her boys pulled up in an empty car lot, seeing the hand of allison's father wrapped around jackson's neck. kida leaned her head out of the window, smiling at jackson gently. "hey, jackson. everything okay?" she asked, looking between a very uncomfortable jackson and mr argent. argent didn't have anything against kida, for all he knew she was just a human, and had nothing to do with all the werewolf business. "come on, jackson. youre way too pretty to be out here all by yourself." stiles said with a smark, as scott flung roscoe's door open with a smile.

as jackson went to climb into the jeep, kida saw argent take something from the hood of the porsche, smiling and turning the engine on. he walked away with a smirk, as jackson let out a sigh of relief, knowing he wouldn't have to get in the jeep with the three nut job best friends. "what are you following me now?" jackson said angrily, as stiles and kida jumped out of the jeep and towards the arguing boys.

"yes, you stupid freaking idiot!" scott exclaimed, holing his hands out at the boy in anger. stiles pulled kida towards them, where they stood at the side and watched them fight. "he thinks you're the second beta, he thinks you're me!" scott shouted, turning around and slamming his fist into the side of the jeep. kida jumped, pushing herself into stiles' side, and frowning  at scott. "dude, my jeep." stiles said quietly, looking disheartened at his best friend hitting his car.

scott began shouting again, turning around to hit the jeep once more. stiles got a hold pf his best friend, pulling him away from the jeep and holding him still. "okay, how about we stay away from stiles' jeep." stiles said quietly, as jackson began to get heated at the other beta. kida stayed silent during the argument, playing with a loose hem on her shirt and rolling her eyes every few minutes.

"i didn't say anything, which means you're the one that's going  to get me killed, okay!" that was when kida finally snapped. she wasn't about to let jackson accuse her best friend of putting him in danger, when all he'd done was protect him. "you know what? all scott has done, is protect your spoilt, ungrateful ass. where do you get off pinning the blame on everyone but yourself, huh? if you die, it's on us. stop being a whiny brat, and grow some goddamn ovaries." in that moment, stiles fell even deeper in love with kida, especially since she had stood up to jackson and defended scott.

"that was hot."