Chapter 31

The rain eventually stopped. Y/N was shivering harshly, the dampness of her clothes causing goosebumps to prickle all over her skin. Hyunjin didn't seem too fazed by the cold. In fact, he even took off his jacket and tried to dry it out to the best of his ability so Y/N could cover herself. Sure, it was still damp, and didn't help much, but Y/N appreciated the kind gesture. "Come on, let's get home." Hyunjin spoke kindly, grabbing Y/N's wrist gently and navigating her through the alleys. Y/N assumed they were sticking to the alleys so they wouldn't be seen walking back to the house if the enemy was nearby, and also because they were both cold and wet.

On the way back home, Hyunjin seemed a lot more caring than usual. He would ask Y/N often if she was okay, checking in on the cold girl. He even offered to get her a change of clothes while she warmed up by the fire when they were home. Y/N kept brushing his questions off, just focusing on getting back to the mansion. Luckily, the alleys seemed to be a shortcut home and Hyunjin and Y/N both got home quite quickly. Quicker than it took them to go away from the home.

"Guys, you're back! We were starting to get worried!" Bang Chan called when he noticed the front door opening and the two soaking bodies stumbling through the door. He sent Felix to get some towels and clothes for Hyunjin and Y/N before sending Lee Know to set the fire up. The leader walked over to the two, chuckling more as he approached. "Looks like you didn't get shelter from the rain quick enough." Bang chan joked, to which Hyunjin just sighed. The blonde male took his hair out of the ponytail.

"Got the towels and clothes!" Felix's deep Australian voice echoed through the mansion, before there were loud thumps coming from the stairs as he ran down them. He threw the towels at Hyunjin and Y/N. Y/N wrapped herself tightly in the towel, watching as Felix sorted the clothes he had grabbed for her and Hyunjin before motioning his head towards a downstairs bathroom. Y/N instantly took her opportunity, which Hyunjin didn't mind, and rushed to the bathroom to change her clothes into something dry.

Once she exited, she threw the wet clothes in a laundry basket downstairs, and Hyunjin went into the bathroom to change his own clothes. Lee Know emerged from a spare room and called Y/N over. "Hey, Y/N! The fire is on, come on! We can't have you getting sick!" He waved her over before guiding her towards the fire, sitting her down gently and making sure she was comfortable.

"Thank you, Minho." Y/N smiled, placing her hands close to the fire to allow the heat to warm them up. It wasn't long until Hyunjin entered the room and joined Y/N by the fire. Lee Know also stayed with them, and Seungmin soon joined to check up on both of them. Making sure none of them were getting any signs of the cold weather making them sick.

"You both seem okay." Seungmin mumbled under his breath, packing away the small kit he had brought with him just in case and leaving to put it back in his medical room. Lee Know turned to face Y/N, trying to start a conversation with the female. "So, did Hyunjin push you into the rain?" He joked, smirking a little when Hyunjin shot him a glare. It was always fun for Lee Know to tease Hyunjin, especially when the tall blonde male would often apologise soon after teasing Lee Know.

Y/N shook her head. "No, he actually tried to shelter me from the rain. Made himself look more like a drowned rat than usual." She joined in on the teasing, to which Hyunjin just shoved her playfully.

"Hey, why are you both ganging up on me? Not very kind." Hyunjin said, pouting as he looked between Lee Know and Y/N. The latter was unable to hold in her laughter, which then brought both the males to a fit of giggles too. The three were enjoying their time together, Hyunjin often got teased for his dramatic reactions to things, but it was still good fun for them. In fact, the three of them continued to grow closer with each other the more they were teasing one another.