Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Favorite

"Is she here now?"

A very elegant voice stopped the tension between us all. Sa staircase ay naroon naglalakad ang sa tingin ko ay Mommy ni Zoren. She was so pretty and her foreign blood was really visible. Nakangiti siya habang naglalakad papunta sa amin. She smiled at me which made me feel relieved a bit.

"Mom..." si Zoren na parang may gustong iparating.

Tumikhim ang Mommy ni Zoren. She was wearing a bloody red dress that emphasized her porcelain skin even more. Her arched brows are very familiar. Alanis Gray. Kamukhang kamukha niya ang anak niyang babae. Wala sa sariling tinignan ko si Zoren dahil hawig niya rin ang Mommy niya. A mixture of Mr. and Mrs. Montevinski.

"Let's just stay..." bulong ko kay Zoren nang lalapit sana siya sa kanyang ina. My whisper was very exclusive. Para sa aming dalawa lang talaga.

Madilim ang ekspresyon niya nang lingunin ako. I smiled to showcase that I'm fine. Hindi naman siguro ako ipapahiya rito.

"Aren't you going to introduce your girl to us, son?" ang Mommy niya.

I swallowed and tried to control it so I won't look stupid.

"His girl? Girlfriend niya ito, Renaya?" Dimples' mother asked as if there's something wrong with it.

Parang gusto kong umurong bigla. I'm not even a girlfriend! I sighed and was about to talk, but Zoren's voice occupied our ears.

"She's Kelly Sian Gonzaga, Mom, Dad, my girl..."

I bit my lip and tried to smile at his parents. His Mom walked to me, so I stepped forward a little. She kissed my cheeks with grace and went back to her spot. His father smiled at me and bowed a little. My smile grew wider.

"Your girl? Girlfriend mo ba, Zoren?" tanong ng Mommy ni Dimples.

Dimples was just staring coldly at me. Kung bibigyan mo siya ng kutsilyo ngayon, siguradong diretso iyon sa akin.

Zoren just eyed her and then looked at her Mom.

"I'll just show her my room, Mom. Just call us if the dinner's ready..."

My eyes widened a bit. We won't socialize with them? Sa bagay, ayaw ko rin naman makasama itong dalawang babae sa aking gilid.

"Hm, sure, son. Will call you right away before dinner..." aniya at tumingin sa akin at ngumiti ulit. Sinuklian ko iyon ng matamis na ngiti at naiwan sa akin ang atensyon niya.

"Excuse us," si Zoren na may bahid ng inis ang boses at saka hinila na ako pataas kung saan man niya ako dadalhin.

Nakahinga ako nang maluwag nang makalayo na. I did not look back because I could feel their eyes on our backs. Tiningala ko si Zoren habang naglalakad kami pataas.

I don't want to ask him why they are here. They're a family friend, and that makes sense. Kung magpapaliwanag man si Zoren, edi tatanggapin ko na lang. I don't want this night to be ruined. I won't give them the satisfaction.

Hawak niya ang kamay ko ay mariin iyon. I licked my lower lip when we stopped in front of a door. Medyo napagod ako sa pag-akyat.

"Your mansion is huge..."

Bumukas ang kanyang pinto at napa-awang ang aking labi. I blinked thrice and entered when he slightly pushed my back with his palm.

"My father is the firstborn, so Lolo gave him this ancestral mansion to him."

His room was really big and spacious. Black and white is the theme. His bed is black with white pillows and a comforter. There's also an abstract painting above his headboard, and it's also black with gray paint. He also has high ceilings, and a spectacular chandelier was placed in the center. From here, my eyes also caught the slightly opened veranda curtained with black fabric. I looked at him, and he stared intently at me while leaning on the closed door.