Chapter 1

Y/N's Pov *Sensitive content/TW*

"Y/N, get your ass down here right now! Dirty fucking abomination", roared the so called father of mine.

If there is one thing I hate more then homophobic people, abusive people, sexists and, narcissists then that would be Marcus Rhodes - the man I get to call father. You might ask why, well, the reason being simply, that my father is all of the above.

Although I have to admit, he wasn't always like this. There was a time where my dad was proud of us, he was happy, he loved us. But of course, life is not a fairy tale and as I've come to learn, good things never last.

Sighing, I decide to get out of bed and head downstairs to avoid the repercussions of not doing as I was told.

As predicted, my dad stands in the living room, clutching a paper in his hands and I can see the smoke coming out of his ears as he gets ready to explode. He grunts in distaste and menacingly says, "Do you know what this is?", I fumble with my words -  I know exactly what is in his hands, I cower in fear. "Answer me, you ungrateful faggot" he says again, moving towards me, venom lacing his every word. Stuttering I reply, "It's.. I.. ha-have to repeat s-senior year. I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to, p-please", my voice is meek yet it becomes urgent towards the end as I can tell what is going to happen next, I ready myself.

A harsh blow is what I am met with, the force of his slap makes me stumble. However, I am lucky this time, as Harrison walks in to the room, dad glares at me but moves towards my brother engulfing him in a loving hug - one that I secretly long for.

Dad leaves a kiss on Harrisons forehead and retreats to his room, but before this he glances over at me and threatens, "This is not over".

My eyes meet those of my brothers, he looks at me with pity and I try hard not to crumble.

My dad has never laid a hand on my brother, or our mother for that matter. They're his perfect family, and I am his one mistake. With bated breath Harris begins, "I'm sorry sis, I wish I could stand up for you, I'm just so... so weak." He admits and adds, "Get ready, we are in the same class now, so we'll go together and we can pick Lilah up on our way as well."

For a brief moment, my troubles seem to diminish a little, and I smile. At least I'll have my brother and best friend by my side this year.

Hastily, I make my way up to my room, trying to be as quiet as possible to avoid attracting my fathers attention. I take a quick shower, brush my teeth, and head to my closet and choose my outfit for the day - a simple white oversized t-shirt, black sweatpants and cream/white coloured trainers. (Outfit below - minus the watch and ring.)

)

Spraying myself with some deodorant and perfume, I decide I am ready and make my way to my car, one that I had to work tirelessly for to repair and make it what it is today - whereas Harris was gifted a car from dad, such is life

Spraying myself with some deodorant and perfume, I decide I am ready and make my way to my car, one that I had to work tirelessly for to repair and make it what it is today - whereas Harris was gifted a car from dad, such is life. I can admit I envy my brother at times but I love him and I know he wishes I wasn't treated this way.

My car is my baby, the one place I can feel safe, it's a full black 2013 Dodge Challenger RT our grandpa left it to me in his will, it was in very bad shape, but I worked on it when I had a job back at the garage near my house. Looks mighty fine now. (Image of car below)

After waiting for a good 15 minutes, Harris finally makes his way outside and settles in the passenger seat of my car

After waiting for a good 15 minutes, Harris finally makes his way outside and settles in the passenger seat of my car. "Took you long enough, slow ass", I joke teasing him, to which he points his middle finger at me and smirks, "Perfection takes time", he remarks - I chuckle to this and make a face of disgust. "Time to pick up the drama queen", I express comically whilst starting the car and heading towards Lilah's house.

Suddenly, I feel nervous as I remember that her mum aka my all time crush - Mrs Grande might be home.

Seeing this my brother starts teasing me, he knows how I feel about her and never forgets to remind me. Reaching our destination, I park my baby in the driveway, and turn to give Harrison a death stare. He quivers a little and quickly shuts up, although we are roughly the same height, my brother knows not to mess with me, after all I am an avid MMA fighter - a sport that I took part in, with the hope of finally fighting off my father, something I still can't bring myself to do despite having the ability to.

Maybe I still love him in spite of what he does.

Turing off the engine, we step out of the car and head towards the front door. I ring the doorbell and feel my hands start to sweat, but I stand tall and quickly change my expression to one that is stoic and cold, Lilah is the only other person apart from my brother and parents who know what my situation at home is, to everyone else, including Mrs Grande I am but another arrogant and cocky person.

It's not long before the door opens and my dull, grey eyes meet the brown eyes that bewitch my every dream.

A/N:

I hope this chapter was to your satisfaction. I enjoyed writing this chapter, and I really do hope you guys enjoy reading it more. This is a book I plan to finish rather then leave midway, so please, buckle up and enjoy the ride.

If there is any questions, mistakes or anything at all, leave me a message!

Don't forget to comment and vote if you want to see more!