5

"No." I said, my voice muffled since I had my face against my pillow.

"Up." My mom insisted, both hands on her hips.

I looked up at her, "Nooo."

"Yes. Up."

"I don't wanna." I whined.

"I'm not leaving for work 'til you're out of that bed and on your way to school."

"I wanna drop out."

"Lou. Cut the crap, up!" My mother yelled, grabbing the covers and taking them off me aggressively.

And then I did what I didn't expect I'd do. I went victim mode.

"Lou..." her tone softened as she watched a tear run down my eye. She sat down on the edge of the bed and ran a hand through my hair.

I closed my eyes and let a couple more tears cascade down my cheeks, seeing my mom's own pout as she watched me, "I just don't feel like going," I said softly, taking a deep breath.

And it was true. I did not feel like getting out of bed, dealing with a bunch of teenagers and how noisy they were, I didn't want to see Diane. I didn't want to reminisce to last night, because it hurt how much I craved her touch, how much I adored how it felt to kiss her and touch her hair when our lips collided.

"Honey..."

"Can I please stay?" I asked, pouting and meeting my mother's eyes, grabbing her hand and squeezing it lightly. Yes, I was a manipulative mother fucker, but I really didn't want to face Diane or Allie who would probably complain about her psych appointment yesterday.

She sighed and looked down at me, brushing a tear away from my cheek with her thumb, "Fine."

I smiled sightly but fought it, "Thank you mommy."

"There's meatloaf leftovers in the fridge. Keep your phone on, I'll call you later, alright?"

"K." I mumbled, watching my mom put the covers back on me and then walk out of the door. Nicole wasn't home because she had planned to go over to her campus and check out her space in her new dorm, so I was going to be left alone.

Then I heard the front door open, the clicking of my mother's keys and then I heard the door close, the keys locking the house. And I was free.

Slowly, I stepped out of bed and grabbed the jeans I had wore last night to my encounter with Diane, grabbed my phone and texted Allie.

I'm skipping school but I'll see you tonight. At your place at 5-ish?

You lazy bitch. I hate you. I'll be waiting for you though. She replied.

I tossed my phone on the floor and went back to bed.

-------------

"How does my mascara look?" Allie asked.

I looked up to the mirror and stared, "Looks nice, how about my eyeliner?"

"Looks good too. Do you really not wanna borrow my purple top? It looks so good on you." She said, grabbing it from her closet and tossing it my way.

I grabbed it as it landed near me on bed, I blushed at her compliment and looked away, adjusting my black tank top, "Not really, but thanks though."

"What's with this only-black-clothes era, Lou? You used to dress up like a freaking fruit salad."

"And you like a conservative nun." I snapped back.

She hit my upper arm playfully, "You're mean."

"So are you." I said, hitting her back.