Chapter 27

(Penelope's POV)

The night was quite beautiful. The stars and moon both shined on this dark night, giving a nice glow to everything. Both our smiles still on our faces while we cross the parking lot to our vehicles. He had parked his car next to my motorcycle and I found it quite amusing that he felt the need to do that.

I get on my bike and Noah opens his car door to sit while still facing me. We both knew we weren't leaving just yet. We were trying to spend a bit more time before we both called it a night. "So anything new?"

"Well...I have a tutor now." I say trying to contain my laugh. "Oh god, he is probably the most annoying guy I have ever met. 95% of him is probably made of annoyance, honestly. If I was his mother I would've kicked him out of a window when he was younger. Damn, just thinking about it gives me a headache."

Noah expression was one of understanding. He knew I was making fun of him. "Oh really, and what does the other 5% stand for?"

My smile was getting bigger by the second as all the other cars started leaving the parking lot. "Hmm, let me think about it. Maybe 2% of fun, 2% good looking, not that it's important but it is a contributing factor and 1% of intelligence? He doesn't really catch my eye though."

He had a full on smirk which made his features look rather beautiful in the night sky. I never really payed much attention to his eyes aside from the first time I saw him, but the moon light somehow made them more mesmerizing than I remember. Somehow I could still see the streak of bright colors in his eyes as he thought of a comeback.

"Well damn. If you don't want him I'll take him. He sounds like one hell of a guy." We both look at each other for a bit trying our best not to laugh until we both busted out laughing. We were now alone in the parking lot but it didn't even matter, even if we were in a stadium full of people, I would've felt like it was us all alone. Somehow any little thing just added to our fit of laughter. Minutes later and we both were holding our stomach because of laughter. Tears were appearing on Noah's eyes, which made them more shiny than they were and slowly we both stopped laughing. Our huge smiles still not leaving our faces.

We were both looking at each other and from behind me I could hear leaves rustling. I turn quickly to the trees a couple of feet behind us and didn't see anything. I could feel my heart begin to beat quicker than normal. I try scanning the trees more in hopes to just see a small animal of some kind instead of the figure of the man. I wasn't going to have the same incident from the picnic. It felt as though my eyes were glued to the trees. Any noise or movement I saw I instantly followed it with my eyes.

That was until a hand suddenly grabs my wrist and in shock I quickly turn around forgetting that I wasn't alone. I was to focused on looking for what made the noise that I didn't realize Noah had got out his car and approached me. I see Noah's face mere inches away from mine. I no longer cared for the forest, but for him. I could now see the streaks of yellow, green, and tiny dots of brown from his eyes. His lashes were quite long which just added to his beautiful eyes. They seemed to scan my face trying to see my expression. I knew he understood why i did it but he just gave me a small smile. I felt his slow breath at my own lips as he looked down at me, but I didn't stop looking at his eyes. They were just to nice to stop staring at. God, how I loved his eyes.

"Hey, it's alright. I'm here, nothings gonna happen." I look at him and see genuine honesty. I had completely forgot about how my breath was going in small pants trying to get as much air into my lungs, but somehow he got me to relax and breathe in. "I'll always be right next to you, mi flor. Nothings going to touch you as long as I'm alive." His hand gently grabbed and caressed my face as our eyes never left each other. He broke our eye contact and looked at my lips. His finger swiftly moved over my bottom lip and at that moment I realized how much power over me he actually had.