Chapter 4: A Special Show for a Special Girl

Christmas! Christmas morning, even when the whole castle was still asleep, no matter if you were at Hogwarts or the Burrow or your grandparents', there was always an air of mystery, surprise and dormant excitement misted over everything.

Katie was already waking up, and you all woke the rest of the girls as well. Despite your teasing last night, most of the tower had already gotten up themselves, and there was a bit of traffic as every floor began making their way down the stairs to the common room.
It was one of the time only times the common room was so crowded, because the younger kids were there as well, in their own little groups in every corner.

Secret Santa started as soon as everyone sleepily came down the steps, and every time somebody appeared, the rest of you lounged all over the floor would laugh and point them out like "There's Seamus! About time you got up, Ron, eh?" until all but the twins were surrounding the fireplace.

Dean swiped a section of the presents over, leaving our normal gifts from home for later.
"Everyone come get your gift so we can take turns giving them to our person."

Soon, each of you were holding something, you balancing a medium sized holo bag neatly lined with tissue paper.

"Let's go around the circle," said Dean, as he pointed in a clockwise motion and leaned forward on his knees.

Alicia gave Neville Longbottom a mini travel size plant care kit, including a small watering can, seeds, sunlight orbs and trimmers. Ginny, the youngest of the Weasleys, gave Lavender a blue pendant mood necklace, whom the latter squealed over.

"Mione?" You whispered to her next to you.

"Yes, what is it?" She had a carelessly happy face on. 

"Have you seen Fred and George at all? They'd never miss Secret Santa."

Hermione shrugged. "Haven't seen them since yesterday morning. They're probably just fine, Y/N. Not exactly the most punctual pair."

You decided to trust her, and changed the subject.

"I've never seen you so happy," you teased, seeing Hermione's rosy cheeks grow scarlet.
"Is it the date? Viktor Krum, is it? Going for the champion." You looked away knowing this made her even more embarassed.

"Shush up! He asked very nicely, for your information, unlike someone else," Hermione shot a look at an oblivious Ron.

You shook your head. "Doesn't Krum watch you study?"

Hermione frowned. "...Yes, but he really is very polite. And asking him about Bulgarian wizarding traditions was interesting." She was adamant.

"Alright, Hermy-own," You snickered. When were her and Ron going to realize they shan't need to make each other jealous to get together?

Come your turn, you gave Katie a bracelet with several charms, each of a different magicreature  that would make a different little sound depending on which one you touched, and a container of Honeyduke's Best Chocolate.

You finally reached the last person in the circle, aware that you and Angelina had not gotten gifts, and immediately putting together that the twins had you two as their Secret Santa's.

Oliver Wood was in the middle of rolling out the collection of Quidditch posters Ron had gifted him when the portrait hole swung open aggressively, and you couldn't help but laugh in relief seeing your twins tripping over one another into the room with a loud thud.
The whole room looked over to where Fred and George were tussling on the ground and erupted in a familiar laughter.

"We didn't miss it, did we?" Fred exclaimed, and you noticed how he and George sported matching smudges of soot and gunpowder dusted on their freckled faces. Weirdly, it kind of made them look more handsome.