Consruction

The day has finally come to meet Bill and start building the cabin. I was nervous but excited nonetheless. Everyone was coming with me. Soos had his toolbox, Wendy had her ax, Great uncle Ford and gruncle Stan had just about everything else.

As we were walking towards the clearing, Wendy seemed nervous, fiddling with the handle of her ax, and constantly looking over her shoulder. "Is everything alright?" I held Wendy's other hand to try and give her some comfort. She sighed, gripping my hands tighter. "It's just..." she paused, unsure of what she was trying to say. "It's just that this all seems so sudden. I mean, I get that we want Bill on our side and that you want to trust him and build your relationship with him, but the things he did last summer? I can never forgive him for some of it..." her voice got quiet towards the end, but the pain was lacing her voice.

"I understand that. You remember what he did to me when I first met him?" Wendy nodded. "I didn't trust him afterward, but he is trying. I can tell that he is sincere in all that he is doing right now. I'm not asking you to forgive him, I'm just asking you to tolerate him." Wendy looked me in the eyes, and I tried to give her a reassuring smile. "Alright, I can tolerate him." I smiled wider and squeezed her hand, then we entered the clearing.

Bill was standing proudly in the middle, with wood, shingles, and all other assortment of construction supplies behind him. "I was honestly just expecting you to magic up a cabin." Gruncle Stan marveled. "Well, normally, we would do that with a magical soulmate, so both of our energies would be mixed in our home! But, since I have a non-magical soulmate, we will be doing the majority of it by hand! Although I did 'magic up' the needed materials!" Bill explained with much enthusiasm.

"Is this one of the courting rituals?" I could feel excitement course through me at this thought. "Yes, it is! The first demonic courting ritual is to build a cabin with the female's family present! So thank you for coming! I do hope that I can make amends for all the wrongs I committed last summer!" He started approaching us, and Wendy tensed up. I squeezed her hand again, and she tried to relax.

Bill swept me up in a hug and spun me around, causing me to giggle. He put me down, still holding my hand, and asked, "Are you ready to get started?" I nodded, and he magiced me some safety gear, then we got to work.
———————————————————————————
The sun was swing by the time we decided to call it a day. With Bill's magic, we were able to get the majority of the cabin done. All that was left was the roof, which Bill said he would get done tonight, as demons have a way higher stamina than humans, and the interior, which we get to tomorrow.

I hugged Bill one more time, asking him to be careful, and joined everyone else. I bumped into Wendy. "So, were you able to tolerate him?" Wendy sighed and nodded her head, obviously exhausted from the day's work, and we headed home, excited to finish the project tomorrow.
———————————————————————————
Hey guys, I know this may sound a little weird, but if you know of any interesting courting rituals, could you tell me about them? I'm struggling to research some, so if you have any suggestions, I'm completely open! Have a great day lovelies!