Arc 4: Chapter 73

Elenor was forced to get up at dusk as maids walked into her room to prepare her for the annual ball. It had been some time since she had to wake up this early so the whole morning she felt groggy and dazed as they got her ready.

Every year the annual ball in Vaidia had a theme. This year was a masquerade theme which meant she had to wear a mask throughout the ball.

She wore an off shoulder dark red wine ball gown. It had no designs on it but it created a mature yet graceful look on her. Her hair was put up into a bun with her front pieces curled and set to the sides of her face.

Her makeup was heavier. Her dress was paired with thin earrings and necklace which complemented the whole outfit. Once she was dressed, the maids left her room without uttering another word, leaving her alone.

Elenor gazed down at the vanity. On it had her pair of black silk lace gloves that had ruffles that wrapped around her wrists and her mask she had prepared. It was a black and gold designed mask which had an elegant yet mysterious charm to it.

She sighed to herself as she stared into the mirror. Her face had matured since a year ago. She lightly laughed as she reminisced about it.

A month has passed since the incident with Hera happened, resulting in Alec being taken away from her. She hasn't seen him since that day and now she didn't have a partner for the annual ball as well.

'And he said he would come back and see me.' she scoffed to herself.

"Sister?" Elenor heard Ray's voice from the door.

"Yes Ray?" she turned to him and smiled.

On the bright side, she was able to become closer to Ray who finally fully trusted her after many attempts. Maybe it was from all the food she gave him but nonetheless she did win his trust.

Ray admired her figure before walking up to her. "Sister..you look so pretty!" he exclaimed.

Ever since they became close. Elenor noticed that behind that wall he built to protect himself, he was adorable and very bubbly. It reminded her of those times she used to play with her next door neighbours children.

She pinched his cheek, "Thank you Ray."

"What time will you be back?" he asked, holding her hand.

Elenor pondered a bit before shaking her head, "I'm not too sure but by the time I return you might be asleep."

"Oh..." Ray looked down at the floor dejectedly making her feel guilty.

"I'll secretly bring back some desserts for you as an apology okay?"

"Okay!!"

Elenor laughed at how fast Ray returned back to his usual self. She pressed a small peck on his forehead before leaving the west building.

Lloyd heard what had happened and did try to console Elenor and even suggested that he would be her partner. Rosina agreed to it instantly when she heard Lloyd suggest it but Elenor declined their thoughtful offer.

"I rather go to the ball alone than with someone who isn't Alec." she said.

Richard nearly did the same but Elenor quickly shot it down before he could even say it. She knew Isabella really wanted to go to the ball with her brother so she wasn't going to ruin it for her.

Upon reaching the royal palace where the annual ball was held, before she entered she wore her mask and handed the invitation to the butler standing at front. He checked the invitation before bowing.

"Welcome Lady Elenor." the butler greeted before allowing her inside.

She gave a nod at the butler before walking inside where many guests like her had already arrived. She swiftly made her way over to the food and beverages section, grabbing a glass of red wine.