chapter seventeen

j u n g k o o k

I open my suitcase and turned it around. The man in front of me, slowly checked everything inside of it. He took the bud of cigarette in his fingers and crushed it.

"How much?" He eagerly asked, taking his wallet. I look at my watch, noticing that it's past midnight.

I hummed, massaging my temples. "How much you think you'll be giving me?"

"1 million won, enough?" I chuckled, taking the tablet that my bodyguard gave me. I scrolled down at his profile. It was impossible that he had that much money unless he's been selling illegal shit with other scammers.

Out of nowhere, he took my hand and slammed an envelope. My bodyguard pointed the gun right in front of his face out of the sudden move.

Chuckling, I told him to go away and leave me with some privacy which my man gladly did. I took a paper, cleaning my hands. I waited till my bodyguard went before opening the envelope. I touch the bills that almost gave me a paper cut.

"Where did you get this much money?"

His eyes wandered around except for me. Something was ringing, he's about to do something.

My theory was right. He took the suitcase and ran for his life. I slowly got up, taking my personal gun in the back of my pocket. I march forward as I stop my bodyguard to follow me.

This time, I'll do my job.

This place was like a maze. It was so huge that you can barely get out if you don't memorize this place correctly.

I walk as the heels echoed in the hallway. I glanced at each door that past by me. I continued until I stop at the intersection of four ways. There wasn't anyone behind so I have three options, go forward, left or right.

I decided to go to the left. Barely taking one step, I heard a sound behind me. Wrong instincts.

I see him with my suitcase, tightly secured in his arms. Fearful as he was, it was easy to catch him. But I just want to take my time and slowly torture him.

"Don't move or I'll shoot," I said loudly enough for him to not move a single muscle. "Give the real money and I'll let you go with it. We agreed on exchanging, not scamming me. That's not really nice of you."

"Stay away from me, or else—"

"Or else what? Kill me? You have the audacity to even touch me a while ago and you're threatening me with your poor tongue? You don't even deserve to live."

His hands let's go of the suitcase, making a huge tud on the ground. Knees buckled together and his hands attached together as he rubbed them, pleading me to let him go. He knew he didn't stand a chance.

Worthless piece of shit.

The sound of my gun echoed in the hallway. I love the sound of it, so satisfying. His head touched the ground, as blood splattered on my shoe. Fuck, they were knew ones.

Finally, I can go back home.

❣︎

I open the Jisung's door, as I hear his soft snores. The curtains were closed and the lamp was on, like he always wanted. I slowly closed the door and continued walking towards my room.

I didn't even heard anything from Taehyung, neither from Y/n. The house was so silent, it gave me goosebumps.

It seems that Jisung is having fun with Y/n. They both have a connection. I should probably give a higher salary for Y/n. She deserves it.

Thinking about her is wanting me to see her. Her face, her voice, her everything. I just miss her, weirdly. She's probably sleeping at this moment, but this is the only I talk to her. At night. The day, we're like total strangers.

I stand in front of her closed door. I shouldn't go inside. It's going awkward. The day I touched her, made me regret doing that. Who knows if she doesn't want to talk to me.

Never mind, I shouldn't. Trying this hard to talk to a fucking girl, that's not me. That's probably someone else.

I quickly took two steps behind, my room was beside hers too. And I'm regretting choosing that room.

I closed my door and sighed loudly. I wish someone could talk to me about me. Not about work or anything, just me. Maybe I'm having luxury and all, but my feelings aren't being helped. I feel uneasy for a certain reason.

Shit, I talk like a fucking teen.

Jumping on my bed, clearly not caring about my clothes. I took my phone and before I could even do anything, someone is calling me. And it's my father. I answered it with annoyance.

"What do you want?"

"That's a way to talk to your mother."

I widen my eyes, and sat up straight. "Mom, I thought it was Dad."

"Yeah, I know."

"Why are you calling me, at this hour?"

"And why aren't you sleeping yet?"

I gulped down my saliva and looked at my fingers. All swollen and dried from the tiny droplets of blood. That tissue isn't the best quality.

"Reasons."

"Mmm... Your father was invited for this 'party' and you're invited as well with your girlfriend. It's obligatory and forced. But I don't really care if you come alone or you come with Taehyung. Never mind, they're invited as well. Told you, party. I don't even know if it's a party."

"Girlfriend? Seriously, Dad is such a fucking annoying person."

"Shut up, Jungkook. I guess I'm forcing you to get married already. I'm waiting too. You're getting old and all, but time will just come quickly."

"C'mon, you too? Please, I'll just—"

"It's in two weeks from now. Come with a girl and talk nicely or don't even talk when you arrive there. Good night, Jungkook."

She hangs up like that. I threw my phone on the ground and pullled my hair out frustration.

The fuck should I do now?