CHAPTER 14

Chapter 14

ROSE'S P.O.V

I cannot wrap my head around what he said to me. I laid in the bed while thinking of what Bryan said. I hate him so much! After George phoned me again, I answered but then that jerk took the phone.... Soon after I ended the call, I fell asleep again.

*************************************************

Next morning.

I got up from the hotel bed and went down to the lobby paying for my night and took a cab home. Once I got home, I checked if Bryan's car was there and it was not, so I went inside.

"Rose? Is that you?" mom said coming from the lounge. "Yes, mom it is." I spoke. "Oh sweety...." she said, getting up to hug me. "I was so worried about you." she said.

"I'm fine mom. I went to the hotel for the night. I had to clear my mind with everything going on currently." I spoke. "I understand sweetheart." she said.

"I'm going to get dressed then I'll be down for breakfast okay mom?" I spoke. "Sure sweetheart." she said.

I took the chance to go to my room and rest. My phone rang and it was Dante, but I decided to switch the call off and then I switched my phone off completely

2 hours later

The house phone rang, and mom came up to my room.

"Sweetheart." she said. "Hmm...." I said laying on the bed, eyes closed. "Dante is on the phone." she said. "I'm asleep..." I spoke. "But sweetie your boss." she said.

I mentally groaned not caring whether my boss, but for my mom to leave my room I got up and went down to answer the phone.

Me- Hello?

Dante-Rose? Thank God you answered, are you coming into work today?

Me-I do not work Saturday and Sunday Dante.

Dante- I know you do not, that is not the reason I phoned. I phoned to find out why you left last night at dinner.

Me-I am.... I am sorry for running out.

Dante-Am I allowed to have an explanation?

Me-  Because I am already married, Dante.

Dante- What?!

Me- I am married, Dante that is why I walked out.

Dante- Are you serious right now? Are you kidding Rose?! What?!

He screamed into the phone asking if I was a sl?t or a witch or a gold digger and I just hung up. I went upstairs and changed into my tracksuit, then went back down.

"Mom, I'm going for a run." I spoke. "Okay sweetie be careful." she said. "Good morning,Patrick." I spoke. "Good morning, Rose. How did you sleep?" he asked."Good thanks and yourself?" I asked... "Good thanks."he said.

I grabbed an apple.

"Going for a run?" Pat asked. "Yeah, clear my mind. See ya guys." I said running out by the door.

3 hours later

I turned around after I reached the beach that I was the previous night and saw Dante there.

"Rose?" he noticed me and walked up to me. "Hi Dante." I said standing next to him awkwardly. "So, you married......" he said. "Yeah, I guess. "I said. "And you didn't bother to tell me you piece of nonsense!" he said. "First of all, I tried to tell you, but did you ever give me a chance to?" I asked. "Don't talk Crap with me!!" he said.

Then he raised his hand to slap me, but a stranger stopped him. I looked at him in Utter Shock.

"Were you just about to slap this young lady?" this stranger asked. "Stay out of this, it's got nothing to do with you. Now Get Lost." Dante said.

"It's okay sir I got it from here Thank you!" I said smiling gratefully at the gentleman. "Now you listen to me Dante, the reason why I didn't tell you why I'm married is because I couldn't, knowing you didn't want married people in your company, but you want to marry me.... It does not make sense. I do not go around telling people I am married, and my husband raped me on the night of our wedding. Well, that is great news going around telling people right... Hey I am married and guess what I ran from my husband because he raped me, I am just so happy. I cannot even believe for a second that there was going to be something more than this, so you know what yourself do a favour forget the engagement, forget I worked for you, forget I was in your life. Forget everything about me because I quit." I screamed at him then slapped him across his face and ran home on my fastest knowing later my legs are going to hurt.

I reached the garden before everything went completely black.... Next thing I know I am on my bed with my mom next to me.

"Are you okay sweetie? You collapsed on the grass" she said. "Dehydrated mom. "I said knowing that is half of the reason right now....

"You gave me a shock right there dear, if it weren't for Bryan, I wouldn't even know you came in by the gate thank God for him." mom said. "Bryan?" I spoke. "Oh yeah he caught you and brought you in." she said. "OH. Is he still here?" I asked. "Yes." mom said. "Are you hungry?" she asked, and I just nodded.

*************************************************