Chapter 26

AUTHOR'S POV: TAEHYUNG

Jungkook was playing a video game when Taehyung decided to join him. But instead of playing with him, he crashed his head into Jungkook's lap and kept looking up at him.

He was thinking about how beautiful Jungkook is from every angle. He moved his head in his lap to get his attention but Jungkook was too lost in the game. He could still feel Jungkook tensing up a little as he started at Jungkook.

"Will you look at me?" Taehyung finally said.

"Uhm" he looked at Taehyung for a second and then turned his head back to the game, "yes hyung, it's just about to finish". Taehyung could swear that Jungkook's cheeks were pink.

Taehyung kept waiting, after around 5 minutes the game ended.

Jungkook threw the controller aside, kept his hands at the back and looked down at Taehyung who raised his eyebrows and Jungkook blushed again.

"You barely spend time with me" Taehyung said.

"That's not true hyung" Jungkook said.

"Really? When was the last time we actually hung out together?" Taehyung asked.

That seemed to put Jungkook deep into thought, Taehyung could see his brain working, "umm, I'm not sure"

"Exactly" Taehyung said, "I miss you Jungkookie."

"I miss you too Taehyungie hyung" Taehyung blushed because it had been so long since Jungkook called him 'Taehyungie hyung'.

"Come on then, let's go out for drinks tonight" Taehyung lifted his head from Jungkook's lap.

Jungkook smiled at him, "okay let's go".

They decided not to go too heavy on drinks because they had to shoot an episode of Run BTS the next day. So they went with light beer.

"So" Taehyung said, "what have you been up to these days?"

"Nothing much really, but I was actually writing new songs" Jungkook said.

"Oh? For what?" Taehyung asked.

"I'm thinking of releasing a new mixtape" Jungkook said, "I mean, it's been long since my last mix tape came out. So I really wanted to release another one"

"What pattern are you following? For the new songs?" Taehyung asked.

Jungkook went on and on about what he was planning to do for his new mixtape and Taehyung kept looking at him as he excitedly told him about it.
Taehyung felt his lips go up in a smile whenever Jungkook took a sip of his beer and how wide his eyes would go.
He might not want to admit it, but he definitely liked Jungkook.
But his recent silence and secrecy were really bothering him. And the fact that he wasn't ready to admit anything even after being confronted was something that was really pissing Taehyung off.

As if on cue, Jungkook's phone beeped with a notification from 'Mom2'.

Taehyung couldn't read what it was because Jungkook immediately picked up his phone. But he didn't bother replying to the text.
So Taehyung decided not to bring it up.

Taehyung knew he should say something about Jungkook talking to y/n.. for Jimin's sake. But he wasn't sure what to say or how to bring it up. He knew he should stop him from talking to y/n.. he had known Jimin his entire life, this was no less than betraying him.

"Hyung, how have you been passing time?" Jungkook asked.

"Oh-uh.. I've been working out" Taehyung said and flexed his muscles for Jungkook.
Jungkook pursed his lips and turned red and Taehyung giggled at Jungkook's reaction.

"That's great hyung" Jungkook said without meeting his eyes, "we should work out together"

"Oh I would love that" Taehyung beamed at Jungkook.

Jungkook's phone started ringing, it was 'Mom2'.

"Give me a second hyung" he said as he picked up the call.

"What's up" he said, "uhm mmhm.. yeah don't worry about that." " Don't forget to take the medicine." "I kept it on your bedside table" "yeah okay, take care. Don't stay up till late. Good night"
He put his phone down and turned back to Taehyung.

"Who was it?" Taehyung asked, already knowing what Jungkook would answer.

"Uhm, my mom" he said, without flinching.
This genuinely made Taehyung wonder how many times had Jungkook been talking to y/n and calling her his mother.

"Is she sick?" Taehyung asked.

"Yeah" Jungkook said, "she got fever"

"Oh, I hope she gets well soon" Taehyung said and Jungkook smiled.

After drinking in silence for about 10 minutes, Taehyung could not take it anymore. He just wanted to confront Jungkook about this and be done with it once and for all. He knew he was risking something huge but he needed to do it.

"How long have you been lying to us Jungkook?" He said as calmly as he could muster.

Jungkook choked on his beer, then cleared his throat, "what?"

"I know that wasn't your mom" Taehyung said.

Jungkook tensed slightly, "of course it's her"

"You know Jimin picked up the call once right?" Taehyung asked.

"Yes. And?" Jungkook asked.

"And we know what Mrs. Jeon sounds like" Taehyung said.

"I really don't understand the point of this conversation." Jungkook said.

"We know you're talking to y/n" Taehyung let it out.

"No I'm not" Jungkook frowned, but was clearly worried.

"I really don't understand why you're still carrying on with this ruse" Taehyung said, "Jimin and I checked your phone"

"You did what?" Jungkook seemed genuinely taken aback, "hyung, why would you do that?"

"To see if we were rightly suspecting you" Taehyung said, "and it turns out we were correct"

"I don't believe this" Jungkook got up and raised his voice, "how could you? How do you even know my password?"

"First of all, don't raise your voice at me" Taehyung got up too, "secondly, you've had the same password since so many years. And lastly, you can't tell me whats right and what's wrong. You've been talking to her all this while."

"You can't tell me who I can talk to or who I can't talk to" Jungkook said.

"Yeah, no I can't. But for the sake of your Jimin hyung" Taehyung said, "I can't believe you're talking to that bitch"

"Hyung, don't" Jungkook said, balling his hands into fists.

"Don't what Jungkook? Don't talk bad about her?" Taehyung raised his voice now, "don't you think she deserves it?"

"No she doesn't" Jungkook said, "you know what? I'm done, goodbye"

"She herself admitted that she cheated on Jimin. OUR JIMIN. How could she? I always thought she loved him. I always thought she was the best thing that ever happened to him. And what did she do? Broke his heart into a million pieces. He's still having trouble picking them up" Taehyung snapped.

Jungkook looked as if he was fighting an urge to tell him something, but then he decided not to, "I've sworn not to say anything or get into a fight because of this. But I'm just gonna tell you that none of this is true" Jungkook picked up his stuff, kept some money on the table and left.

Taehyung couldn't believe what just happened. Somewhere it felt better that he let it out. But he knew he had scarred his relation with Jungkook who clearly thought very highly of y/n, for what reason, he had no idea.
He couldn't believe Jungkook was still defending that bitch. And what did he say? None of this was true? Well, then who would tell him what the truth was?