Chapter 6

Songs for this chapter are: 

Maroon 5- She Will Be Loved

Taylor Swift- How You Get The Girl

Kelly Clarkson- Beautiful Disaster

Where You Belong- The Weekend 

The moment her lips touched his for the first time, he felt it. He felt a shift somewhere deep inside, somewhere hidden and covered in dust. It was completely untouched since he could remember, likely forever. She awakened him, brought him light and laughter and longing and he knew from the moment her mouth found his, he would never be the same.

Tessa just threw water in my face and left my room in a storm of huffs and puffs and eye rolls. Yet, here I am, following her down the stairs after only a few minutes of sitting in my room, whining to myself like a little bitch.

I was only trying to lighten her mood in a failed attempt to cheer her up. I should have known that her lame ass boyfriend would have been a trigger for her temper. 

She's so annoying, she's entitled and moody. Overly sensitive she is, and she pisses me the fuck off. Who throws a drink, water but still, into someones face? 

When I get to the bottom of the stairs, Tessa's in the kitchen, taking a drink from a bottle of liquor. 

"Have you seen Steph?" Tessa asks Zed. He shakes his head at her. Of course Zed would be latched onto her side the moment I'm not around. 

"Look how cute they are," I look over to find Steph standing next to me, holding a wine cooler in her hand. Her red hair is messy, falling down around her face.

I look back to Zed and Tessa, this time paying more attention to the way she sighs, looking directly into his eyes. She looks comfortable, her shoulders are relaxed and her eyes are soft, nothing like how she is around me. She doesn't know him either, why the difference? 

"I think her and Tristan may have left." Zed says back to her. Tessa looks towad the door and Steph jumps back, pulling my arm and I nudge her off.

"Don't tell her I'm here, I'm sick of babysitting her," Steph rolls her eyes. A drunk blond in a skin tight dress passes by, winking at me. I remember her, I think?

"You brought her here." I remind Steph. 

"So? I"m bored with her for tonight and she's for you two to play with, remember?" She shrugs and walks away from me.

 Well..

"You're going to lose if you just stand around like a creep!" Steph shouts as she walks toward the front door. 

I'm going to lose?

No, I'm not. 

But, I'm also not going to stand here in this doorway like a damn creep. 

I walk back into the living room and find a seat on the couch. I'll wait for her to come to me. She's going to get bored with Zed and his stupid conversation of science and plants, saving the world one flower at a time, bullshit. 

Tessa finds her way into the living room with Zed latched onto her side like a damn lost puppy. She doesn't even notice that I'm in the same room as she sits down on the floor with my friends, only a few feet away. I stand up and walk away.

"Do the buses run all night?" Tessa has passed buzzed and gone straight to drunk now. Her voice is thicker now and much slower. I force myself to stop listening to her and walk back into the kitchen.