― chapter 09.

❝ maybe i am batshit crazy

❝ maybe i am batshit crazy. ❞

THE NEXT MORNING, Ayane slept late.

She woke up at close to ten, her head pounding with a headache. She was unsure why she had a headache, so Ayane just pinned it on stress.

The girl got up and got a shower, and then after she got out, considered texting Miguel.

Lately, he was the only person she wanted to see. Ayane ignored that, however, because she was determined that she was not going to fall for this boy.

Ayane was a little sore from last night's events, but luckily she did not have any bruises that might have given away her getting into a fight. Ennis would have her running miles until midnight.

And as far as she knew, no one had mentioned the fight. She warned Kyler and his friends what would happen if they snitched.

Ayane checked her phone, surprised to see she had a lot of notifications. She felt her stomach drop as she checked it, seeing message after message from Demetri.

Her eyes widened as she read them, clapping her hand to her mouth.

There was a photo, one of her and Aisha. It was of them standing at the table at the Halloween dance, and made them look like they were doing more than talking. There was a hashtag: #lesbianlovers.

Ayane quickly knew who did it. It was Yasmine.

She quickly texted Demetri back, telling him not to worry.

She had it handled.

. . . .

THE NEXT DAY, Ayane was not prepared for what she would face at school.

She had never had anything like this happen to her before, and Ayane felt more insecure than she had ever been.

"No wonder she's rejected every guy here," someone said as she passed by.

People laughed as she walked through the hall, yet Ayane never dropped her head. If people wanted to call her a lesbian, hell, she might as well take it with pride.

Demetri and Eli were standing at Eli's locker when she walked up to them.

"Where's Miguel?" she asked, quickly frowning.