seven

Kasia had to admit, it took longer than she was expecting for them to run into trouble

Kasia had to admit, it took longer than she was expecting for them to run into trouble. They were almost back to the Razor Crest when everything went to shit.

The first thing that Kasia noticed was the sound. "Did you hear that?" she murmured to the Mandalorian at her right as they made their way through the city center. If she strained her ears enough, she could just make out a faint beeping noise from all directions.

Her heart rate began to speed up slightly as Mando's back stiffened. "Keep your head and eyes straight forward," he instructed her, somehow keeping his voice low despite his helmet's modulator. He paused a moment before finally confiding, "It appears that the tracking fobs on the child have reactivated."

It took all of Kasia's willpower not to jerk her gaze towards him at the information. Instinctively, her right hand dropped to rest on her blaster as the pair of them continued walking.

"How many people in this town have those fobs?" she breathed, trying to look as casual as possible.

Then all of a sudden, they were surrounded. Bounty hunters poured in from all sides, guns trained on Mando and herself.

"A lot," came the Mandalorian's response a moment later, and Kasia rolled her eyes.

Well thank you Captain Obvious.

"Welcome back, Mando," a middle-aged man suddenly called as he approached them. "And... friend?" he added moments later upon seeing Kasia. From the way he spoke, he seemed to be the leader of the gang of bounty hunters encircling them. Or at least the self-appointed one. "Now put the package down," he commanded.

"Step aside," Mando responded lowly, hand hovering low over his blaster. "We're going to my ship."

The man chuckled softly, nodding his head, though for all intents and purposes it was clear that he was not going to acquiesce Mando's request. "You put the bounty down and perhaps I'll let you pass." He glanced at Kasia, "Both of you."

"The kid is coming with us," Kasia spoke up, a clear edge to her voice. From her side, she felt Mando's surprise at her statement, followed by a feeling which... she found that she couldn't quite quantify. Perhaps he didn't know what it was either. Under her breath, she whispered, "You know, now would be a good moment to show me another fantastic feature of your suit."

"If you truly care about the kid," the leader interrupted before Mando could respond, "then you'll put it on the speeder, and we'll discuss terms."

Kasia glanced to the speeder in question and had to rein in her sigh. Great a droid operated speeder. Because that's going to go over great with Mando.

A similar thought must have been running through Mando's head, because he stared at the speeder for a long moment before turning back to face the man, "How do I know we can trust you?" At the question Kasia felt Mando give her a slight nudge.