• 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 •

𝐭𝐨𝐱𝐢𝐜 | 𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐭 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫: 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

*Song lyrics are italicized

•°•°•°•°

     "Alright, where should we start looking?" Tommy asked me after we ate our chipotle lunch. "Hm, when was the last time you held Lucas?"

     "I don't remember," I thought for a few seconds while leaning back on my chair. He was facing me, waiting for my answer. "Just tell me that we can find him..."

     "Don't worry. He'll come back," He gave me a reassuring smile. "Let's start looking in the backyard." I nodded and we both left the house's interior.

    "So, why is he so important to you, anyway?" He asked me while looking behind potted plants. "I wish I could be just as important as he is to you."

     I rolled my eyes. "You already are," I teased and that made his face flustered. "Shut up."

You have changed my whole world in an instant

     "No, but tell me though," He said and looked for another place to search for my beloved childhood toy. "What made it so... Crucial in your life?"

     I sighed. He must've heard my noise so he instantly felt guilty. "I-It's okay if you don't want to talk about it..."

     "No, it's okay. You deserve to know, I mean, I trust you enough." I took a deep breath again. "My mother gave that to me when I turned eleven. After that, she just... Left." I explained.

     "She said that she was sick and needed to go to paradise, and being innocent at that age I thought she was just going somewhere," I looked down at my shoes. "Turns out she had a medical condition which she didn't bother to tell me because I was 'too young' to understand." I felt solemn tears about to fall, in which I let it.

     "Tommy," I choked out. "Tell me how it feels to grow up with a mother who loves you and who supports you in everything you do."

     At age twelve I had to perform on stage with the rest of my class at school. We lost the contest and most of us cried our hearts out. My friends ran to their parents to be comforted while I stood in the corner backstage, crying alone.

     The students who were queueing pointed fingers at me and was the topic of their conversations.

     When I graduated the sixth grade, our school reserved two seats for both parents of every graduating student. My dad was there, too but instead of my mom, my sister, Brynn, who is two years older than me, sat beside him.

     I never had a complete childhood when mom left.

     "Hey," He walked up to me and pushed strays of hair in front of my face.

     "Please, that stuffed animal is the only thing that resembles the presence of my mother." I sobbed. The number of my tears multiplied as he held both of my hands.

     God, I cry too much.

     "Hey [y/n]," He repeated wiping the products of my sadness rolling down my face. "It's gonna be okay. We'll find him, okay?" And with that, I felt two arms wrapped around my shoulders and a chin on top of my head.

     My unsteady breathing became calmer the moment he hugged me.

     "Don't lose hope. He's out there somewhere," He says and looked down at me. He smiled and I returned the gesture.

     It took four and a half hours to find him in the entire house but it was no use. I was losing hope but Tommy was still determined to find him.

     "Tommy, let's just accept that he's lost..." I said in defeat. I was so drained at the fact that he's never going to be found.

     "What? What do you mean?" Tommy asked me. We were currently sitting on the front porch of his house.

     I looked at him as he stared at the road. The subtle rays of sunlight hit his face, making the gentle baby blue eyes of his turn brighter. The highlights of his hair framed his face perfectly and I was looking at him in absolute awe.

And I wanted to tell you that I may look away, but

Don't get me wrong, I really like your face

   It was when I realized I was staring at him when he looked at me. "What?"

     "Nothing," I looked away.

     "Remember when you did a show here in this city?" He suggested. "Maybe he's in the venue?"

     "Why would I bring a toy to my concert?"

     "I don't know," He shrugged and shifted his weight on his hands as he leans back. "Maybe I just want to go out somewhere with you. Or maybe he could be in there."

     "No, he's not. I don't remember bringing him last time." I replied.

     "Okay," He slightly sighed. "But I still want you to come with me." Tommy continued and a smile slowly formed on his face.

     Grabbing my hand, I stood up with him. Considering our height difference, I was looking up at him. "Hey, where are we going?" I chuckled as he leads me further into the streets.

     "Trust me."

I hope that you'd want me for the rest of your life.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Where do you guys think you two are going? 👀

VOTE! ⭐
COMMENT! 💬
FOLLOW! 👥
     Or Lucas will not be found

884