Chapter 40: Forever

"Who's my favorite god son? You are!" Amora teased as she tickled Frank's chin

"He's your only godson," Cedric corrected her as he tried to feed Alicia some baby food. She jerked her face away, staring at the pile of mush in disgust.

"Here comes the airplane!" Cedric said in a high pitched voice. He waved the spoon in circles, causing Alicia to reconsider her opinion of the food. She took the bite of food and her face spread into a wide grin.

"Nice job," Amora told Cedric, who shrugged.

"The airplane always works," Cedric chuckled. The Diggory Cottage was quiet, as only Cedric and Amora were home. Ned and Belle had to leave early in the morning, explaining they had "errands" to run. Cedric simply nodded, as if he knew something she didn't. It bothered her, but she hadn't let it show.

Meanwhile, Hazel had moved into a small London flat with Aspen, explaining that she didn't want to overstay her welcome. Amora knew better, because when Aspen came to pick her up, she was gone in a flash.

Rey and Aaron, however, purchased an apartment all the way in Diagonal Alley. Amora had visited them a couple of times, and they had settled in nicely. Rey had a job as a waitress at the Leaky Cauldron and Aaron was the bartender there as well.

Even Cassie had left, but only for the new school year. She promised to visit for Christmas, but Amora already missed her. The house felt empty, and it made her a bit sad. It felt pathetic, but she really missed her friends.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Cedric asked, scooping Alicia into his arms.

"What do you mean?" she questioned, turning back to Frank. She gave him a small Cheerio and watched as he gnawed at it before finally swallowing.

"Your eyebrows are doing that thing where they go downwards, like if you're upset," he told her.

"I just miss everyone, the house feels a bit empty," Amora explained, lifting Frank from his chair.

"I know, but they haven't really gone anywhere. They're still here for us, just not here with us. Small difference, but it's still a good thing," Cedric told her.

"How do you do that?" she asked him.

"Do what?"

"Always cheer me up. You're the real sunshine here."

"No, Sunshine, you're the real sunshine here."

"Oh shut up."

They lowered the babies into their cribs, and Amora looked down. It was the beginning of November, and they had already begun to grow. Small black tufts of hair were on their heads as Alicia already had the cutest dimples. They had their mother's features, but also had Ned's eyes. Frank and Alicia were wearing small yellow jumpers, actually looking identical.