forty seven

"What's wrong?" I ask even though the instant I see Draco clutching his arm, I know.

Pansy and I both jump off of the couch and go to the boys in the doorway.

"Draco you have to leave, now." Theo says. "Hes going to think you're ignoring him."

Dracos eyes are looking at me with fear written all over his face. I even notice it looks like he's about to cry. I wrap my arms around him and whisper in his ear so the others can't hear me.

"You're going to be okay. He probably just wants to talk. I love you."

I pull away but he pulls me back in for one last big hug. He whispers "I love you, Maya." In my ear before letting me go.

"Don't let her go see Fred by herself. I mean it. One of you go with her." Draco demands.

"I'll go." Blaise says.

"Okay. I'll be back." He says before appearing to the Malfoy manor where the dark lord is waiting for him.

The four of us just stand in the doorway where Draco was for a long while, in silence. I'm terrified and shaking. He was so scared. I wish I could go with him. I wish I was called to go with him. Fuck. I hate this.

"I- I need air." I say before pushing past everyone to go outside. The house is surrounded by a lake and a forest, and it's far off from any city so we're basically alone here. There's a porch with chairs and I find sitting out here calming. The water, the trees, the birds. It's relaxing to know that they're the only things around us. I sit down on the steps and put my head in my hands as I try to slow my breathing.

He will be fine. He's Draco Malfoy. He can handle it.

But he was so scared.

I hear the door open behind me and hear someone come towards me, but I don't look up. I feel the presence of someone sitting beside me.

"He will be fine, Maya." Blaise says.

"I know." I say. The sun was just beginning to set and that means it's almost time.

I can't believe while Draco is dealing with the dark lord... I'm going to see Fred and George. How fucked up.

"D-do you think it's a bad idea to go see the twins?" I ask.

"I'm not going to lie to you. I don't think it's going to change anything." He says. "I don't know them as well as you do though."

"If I'm being honest, I don't think it'll change their minds either."

"We all see how it's tearing you up, Maya. That's why Draco suggested you to write the letter. He wants you to be happy." Blaise explains. "We know that even if it doesn't change their minds tonight, you'll feel better because at least you tried."

"I just have to try... they have to see that we're not- we are not monsters."

"You ready then?" Blaise asks as he stands up and offers me his hand.

"Yeah, I'm ready."

-

Draco's POV
I apperate to the Malfoy manor where at one time I called home.

This place that I'm standing in front of now, is not my home.

The moment I walk inside the manor, my mother comes running to me and wraps her arms around me.

"I'm so glad you're okay, Draco." She whispers.

"I'm okay, mother." I say dryly.

"Son, he's waiting for you." Lucious says. He's standing at the door.