A COMPROMISING POSITION

____

____

A kiss.

Cho Chang and Harry Potter shared a kiss.

Ethaline throughout the trip didn't even look at him, her mind racing to figure out why she was acting that way but it didn't matter. She was determined not to think about it more as she stood in front of the nurse who had welcomed them again.

"I'm surprised Umbridge let us go, especially since I was with you lot." Harry muttered as Neville smiled.

"My nana is a scary woman." He said as Ethaline motioned for the nurse.

"Will you be having the usual?" The nurse asked, referring to their dinner.

Ethaline nodded, "As well as an extra plate...please and thank you." She said before slipping her a pouch without Neville looking. "Any updates?"

The nurse inched closer and Harry took notice of this so he purposely fell back a little, "Our research has continued despite no results, we haven't given up Miss Malfoy. As we speak, we have a few healers working round the clock to provide an update on an ongoing tactic, it involves legitimacy and a fraction of potion making"

Ethaline nodded, "Keep me updated. Thank you." She said before turning away and meeting eyes with Harry who seemed to be ready to question her.

Don't, Ethaline mouthed before they made their way over to their room.

To muggles, Alice and Frank looked to be in a coma, except their eyes were open and they stared at the ceiling. Coma patients could sometimes hear, think and even dream but the once happy couple that laid in front of them was...dead. The only thing to confirm the opposite was that their chest rose and fell softly.

Ethaline, Neville and Harry sat down, eating in silence before speaking up a small conversation. Neville was content with their presence, making him smile and become giddy as they spoke about their upcoming exams.

"I haven't even begun to study, Umbridge has been after me since she stepped foot and I haven't let my guard down." Harry muttered as Ethaline snorted quietly.

"You sure about that?" She whispered. Cho begs to differ.

Harry set his form down, "What?"

Ethaline looked up, "What?" She lied, "I was asking Neville how was he doing with exams?" She then turned to him, "So?"

Neville seemed to not notice the tension between the two as he spoke to them about his lack of study methods before they had to go back to school. As they said goodbye, Ethaline lingered and held herself.

"I'm sorry." She whispered before closing the door behind her.

___