Chapter 42 -A Chat -

Fred Weasley Pov :

Delilah Rees snapped her gaze from the ceiling towards me, sitting on the ground beside her. Carefully, she removed the cigarette from her mouth and held it loosely in her fingers. Black hair cascading down the side of her face, she attempted to push it out of her eyes. Her face seemed tired as she gave me a weak sneer and focused her attention back on the ceiling.

"I thought I told you to bugger off." She mutters, bringing the cig up to her lips once more.

"You said to stop investigating, you didn't say I couldn't talk to you." I smirk and she turns her head to give me an incredulous glance.

"So you just want to chat?" She chuckles dryly.

"Exactly my dear snake." I wink and bump her shoulder.

"So what do you want to chat about, the upcoming war?" Delilah replies dully and rolls her eyes.

"No, how about we talk about your strange obsession with those things." I gesture to the cig and the puff of smoke surrounding her.

"These Marlboro's help me remain calm, otherwise I would have strangled you by now."

"I see, so basically it stops you from becoming a serial killer?" I raise an eyebrow and the corners of her mouth twitch into a slight smile.

"You want to try? I promise it won't kill you immediately." She smirks.

"Give it here Rees." I grin while holding out my hand expectantly. Delilah looks at me amused before removing the cig from her mouth and placing it between my lips.

"Now I assume you know how to breath in and out?" She questions, holding back a grin. I look at her exasperatedly and take a deep breath in, trying not to cough. Feeling my lungs fill, I breath back out, a cloud of smoke emitting from my lips. I shake my head, a sense of dizziness overcoming me. Glancing to my left, I see Delilah staring at me with a proper smile on her face and the dizziness intensifies.

"Wow Weasel you look like an actual smoker." She laughs and takes back the cigarette.

"What can I say, tobacco calls to me." I grin, and shrug nonchalantly.

"You know if we keep chatting like this people might think we are friends." Delilah whispers while smirking.

"Oh no, that won't do. Quick insult me." I turn to face her, faking a serious expression.

"Okay um... you probably tell knock knock jokes while shagging." She snickers and my face morphs into a mock revulsion.

"Why that is simply not true! I actually prefer to sing show tunes." I clutch my heart dramatically.

"Wow and is the sorting hat your backup singer?" She chuckles.

"Obviously, I want to give the girl a good show." I drawl, trying not to laugh.

"Yes because your actual performance is lacking." Delilah jokingly pats my shoulder.

"Wouldn't you like to kno-"

"FRED WEASLEY WHERE ARE YOU?!" I am cut off by the shrill sound of my mother's voice. Letting out a groan I turn to Delilah and take another drag of her cigarette.

"COMING MUM!" I shout, pushing myself up off the ground.

"Too bad, I was looking forward to hearing more about your showtunes." Delilah smiles and I roll my eyes.

"I would be willing to give you a live performance but duty calls." I wink while giving her a mock salute. With one last grin in her direction, I saunter back into the hospital wing feeling slightly light headed and my pulse hammering.

Delilah Rees Pov:

After the chat with Fred Weasley I had felt my nerves diminish, either from smoking or the fact I was able to hold a conversation. It was a relief just being able to talk about something other than my responsibilities. Despite this, it didn't mean I hated the Weasel any less. He was still a threat due to his inability to stay out of my business. Still, I had to admit he didn't look half as bad as usual when he was smoking my cigarette.

Sitting in the crowd currently, Dumbledore was explaining Cedric's death to the school. I had drowned out his comforting words a few minutes ago, staring absently at my plate . Across from me it seemed that Draco was trying to do the same thing, as he thoughtlessly stabbed his spoon into his pudding. Around the room other students sobbed and hung onto every single syllable coming from Dumbledore's mouth.

Finally, after copious amounts of tears and somber expressions it was time to depart from the school. Grabbing Draco, the two of us made our way out of the hall in haste so that we could board the train. Dodging weeping students left and right, we hauled our luggage onto the platform and entered the train.

"Merlin can't these people contain themselves."Draco turns his nose up in disgust as a Hufflepuff girl passes us, tears running down her face.

"Some people aren't as good as hiding emotions Blondie." I reply, sliding open an empty compartment door.

"They are weak, the Dark Lord will easily rid them of the Wizarding world now that he has returned." Draco says haughtily while sitting down.

"Do not speak of things you have little knowledge about." I snap and slump down in my seat.

"And you do?" He questions in an annoyed tone.

"Don't try to get a rise out of me Blondie, not today." I huff, pulling out one of my assigned readings.

"Whatever I'm going to find Crabbe and Goyle." Draco rolls his eyes and exits the compartment.

Letting out a sigh, I lean my back against the window and start to pour over my book. Taking in the meaningless dark curses and methods, I continue to read for another fifteen minutes. Eventually, I find myself barely registering the words on the page and slam my book shut. Glancing at the time, I wonder where my prat of a brother is and decide to go fetch him. Strolling through the hallway I hear a large blast up ahead and quicken my pace.

"Did you see their faces Freddie!" George Weasley wheezes while being doubled over laughing.

Around him, his twin and the golden trio are giggling just as hard, clutching their sides. Shifting my gaze, I look at the people on the floor and realize what was so hysterical. On the ground Draco,Crabb, and Goyle are lying unconscious, no doubt hit by some hexes. I stifle my own laugh and try to contain myself before walking over.

"Mind if I borrow my brother." I say in an amused tone and the Gryffindors avert their gaze towards me.

"Not at all Snake, except he looks a little out of it if you ask me." Fred snickers and I let out a tiny chuckle myself.

"Yes well nothing a little water won't fix...Aguamenti." I flourish my wand above Draco's unconscious body. A streak of water emits from the tip and splashes all over his clothes. Gasping, Draco wakes up with wide eyes that soon turn into a harsh glare.

"Filthy Blood traitors you will pay for this." Draco spits, fists clenched at his sides.

"Oh come now Blondie you've embarrassed yourself enough." I drag him up by the arm, ignoring his murderous looks. Pulling Draco away from the laughing Gryffindors, I look over my shoulder to catch Fred Weasleys gaze.

He flashes me a wide grin before rooting through his robes for something. Securing the item, he tosses me the object and I catch it with my free hand. Turning it over, I realize it's a pack of Marlboro's and my face breaks out into a smile. Looking back up, I give him a nod of appreciation and receive a wink in return.Walking away, I slip the pack into my robe and shake my head in disbelief.

How in the hell did he remember these were my favorite brand?