the magic word

TW ~ Panic Attack

Dream's POV:

He sat on the throne, happily. Dream thought that nothing would feel right after he lost everyone, but... it doesn't. 

His heart ached for his best friends, and the small burst of energy he adopted into his life, it tore him apart, and he had nightmares about those days.

But sitting on the throne, fulfilling his last promise, especially for the loves of his life, felt satisfying. He felt as if he finally could do something right, and it excited him.

He started to make his castle feel more at home, hanging up photos and placing trinkets on the shelves of the castle. The once dull and barren shelves barricaded with glass next to the throne was now filled with pictures, his backpack, his most prized possessions, and something he stole from Dream.

A communication stone. Not the ones Geroge would give him and Sapnap when they went to hell, but the other ones, the ones that alerted George when he had to open a portal either from or to Hell. It sat on the shelf, locked away and never to be touched again. Just so he could know when Sapnap ever entered Hell. Not to talk to him, of course. For the memories. 

Instead, he made new friends. The jester, he soon learned was called Quackity, was an interesting person.

A shapeshifter and mind reader, can find your deepest darkest fears in under a second and manipulate his form to become them. It enticed Dream, the fact that the man had so much power. Turns out, he took the throne from the previous ruler, by pretending he was the previous ruler all along. Once he heard of the king's leave, he immediately shapeshifted into him, and posed as the man, revealing his "true form."

Of course, it was never his true form. Dream was amazed by how persuasive and powerful the kid, not even older than 15, was. It was even better seeing they were close in age, Dream only being about a year older than the boy. 

There was another man, apparently the jester's best friend.

He wasn't even a demon, he was a human. But the jester and the human were so close that he brought the human to hell, and helped hide his actual identity.

The human had a basic human name. Karl. What a basic name? He was a wheezing fit after hearing the human's name, who immediately took a dislike towards Dream. 

But it didn't matter, because 5 minutes later, they became as close as he was with George and Sapnap. Of course, he could never replace his best friends, but he was going to try.

For his own mental sanity, of course. 

Tommy's POV:

When Tommy woke up, the warm feeling he went to sleep with was gone, and he noticed Phil left the room. Of course, he left, who'd want to stay with Tommy? He was only just a crazy problematic child.

But Tommy was surprised when he heard the door creak open.

"Hey, little guy!" Wilbur said excitedly. 

"Hello?" Tommy said slowly. Maybe they... hadn't left him?

"I know what you're thinking, Phil just left because he had some work to do, but you and I, we are gonna have fun!" Wilbur said excitedly, hugging Tommy. When Tomy flinched, Wilbur remembered the warning Phil gave him and let go.

"Right, no hugs. Gotcha" Wilbur said, pointing finger guns at Tommy.

"No hugs" Tommy smiled. He was happy he was getting his way.

"Well, Tommy, I was thinking you and I do something together, bonding time?" Wilbur asked hopefully.

"Why not I guess" Tommy shrugged, grabbing the crutches and waddling out of the room, followed by Wilbur.

"Do you know when I won't need these?" Tommy asked.

"Well, I guess until you feel like you can put pressure on your le-" Wilbur started, and Tommy was quick to interrupt.

He shoved the crutches away and put his foot on the floor, wincing in pain with the step, but eventually, the pain started to fade.

Wilbur stood there speechless. "Y- You... You... And your leg.... but.... walk... fine?" Wilbur asked astonished.

"Pain doesn't really affect me, the shadow taught me how to convert pain into power," Tommy said nonchalantly, and Wilbur stood there shocked. Phil did tell him about the shadow, but he spoke so negatively about it, it shocked him to hear good things about the shadows that haunted Tommy's dreams.

"You are such a strong kid, you know that? You're only twe-"

"I'm almost thirteen. Call me almost thirteen."

"Okay almost thirteen, I'm Wilbur," the tall boy said with a cheesy smile and Tommy's face dropped with a look of agony.

 How old are you, weirdbur?" Tommy asked the tall boy.

"I'm 17, and Techno, he's 18," Wilbur said proudly.

Tommy stared at the boy with wide eyes. "You are old," he said, shoving his hands into his pockets.

"And you're a baby," Wilbur said, picking up Tommy and walking downstairs. A huge frown was plastered on Tommy's face.

"I'm not a baby" he pouted, and Wilbur smiled happily on the inside. Wilbur felt overjoyed that Tommy hadn't flinched that time.

Tommy hadn't even noticed that Wilbur was carrying him, and in fact, he felt happy. 

When Wilbur spun him around in circles, and Tommy squealed in joy. Wilbur brought him close for a hug, and Tommy latched onto his neck with a smile, before realizing how stupid he was being.

If Wilbur let go of him, he could die.

Again.

Wilbur sensed the kid's slight discomfort, and frowned, before carefully placing the boy on the kitchen counter.

"You know I'm not going to let go of you right?" Wilbur said with a sad smile. "I mean unless it was on accident" Wilbur teased.

Wilbur's face immediately flashed in regret, as Tommy's mind wandered to the shadow's last words to him.

"It was an accident Tommy, I didn't mean to" the voice sobbed.

"Hey, bud, I was just joking with you, don't panic" Wilbur tried to apologize, but Tommy covered his ears.

"Make him quiet" Tommy cried out, his palms pressing against his ears to the point where it hurt.

"Make who be quiet?" Wilbur asked panicky, looking around the room.

"The shadow" Tommy drew out the last word, his voice going cold all of a sudden. It scared Wilbur.

"Wha- what shadow Tommy?" Wilbur asked worriedly. 

"I'm sorry Tommy, please remember me, all the good memories we shared."

Tommy felt terrible. All the shadow asked from him was to remember him, and all the good times they shared, but he couldn't remember much about either.

Tommy was sobbing and shaking, and Wilbur stared at him in fear. 

Wilbur's eyes wandered around the room, his eye-catching on the freezer.

"Tommy, have you heard of ice cream? It has sugar," Wilbur said desperately.

Tommy's head shot up, the voices in his head silencing immediately at the word.

"Sugar?"

Also, according to Wattpad statistics, only a small percentage of people who read my book vote on the story. So if u end up enjoying this story, consider voting, it's free and u can always unvote later enjoy the story #VotePrime 

Love you all :)