28

Kamala's POV

I stared at her.

Tatyana quickly kneeled down to what I'm assuming is a more than dead guard.  She rummaged through his pockets that were slumped next to his unmoving corpse.

"Dammit! He doesn't have an extra gun on him." Tatyana let out a frustrated sound and proceeded to check the rest of his ensamble.
I couldn't believe my ears. She was searching the man she just killed and the only thing that seemed trouble her was that she didn't get ANOTHER gun!

My body felt like it has been torn away from my skin but that was nothing compared to my shock.

"Y-you killed him!" I shouted at her but my broken voice didn't allow me to make my tone very threatening.

"Killed him? What- no. Did hear any gun shots? I knocked him out with the barrel." She replied, her Russian accent slightly faltering but her search for weapons didn't stop. "I wanted to kill him but the fucker was too lazy to load the stupid gun. He didn't even want to waste a bullet on us! What an ass."

Her words brought relief to wash over me and I was grateful that this fucked up situation wasn't as bad. If a maid killed a guard- Well I wouldn't even know what would happen. Nobody was dumb enough to try it yet.

"Don't tell me this stupid bitch was actually unarmed! Where is his second gun?" She yelled out in frustration and it was then that my memory cam running back to me.

"T-Tatyana." I say quietly hoping to get her attention but careful enough so the other guards that might be on duty won't hear. "The second g-gun. H-he pointed it at me. He threw it away to that corner so he could take the whip." I explained and nudged my head to right edge of the cell.

Tatyana rushed towards the seemingly empty-looking corner. Fortunately, the gun laid in the dark in all its glory. She grabbed it and checked on the bullets.

"Great. Two bullets. What a genius." She snarled, sarcasm dripping down her tone, "It's not going to be enough if we get caught but we don't exactly have a choice. I have to leave."

"L-leave?" I asked carefully, my bones were still straining from pain and making all my words raspy and damaged.

"Well you're welcome to stay here and sulk around all you want. I'm going." She replied while strolling her feet to the metallic door of the cell.

"N-no. Wait! I-I can't stand up." I responded honestly while trying my best to get up on two feet. The stitches on my entire body were worse than ever and I had to hold my tongue from screaming out in pain.

Tatyana let out yet another sign of frustration but nevertheless,picked me up by my arms before she laid them upon her bare back, supporting my body with hers.

"Th-thank you." I managed to squeal out and tried my hardest to not be too heavy for her.

"Shut up. I hate emotional confrontation." She said while she carried both of our body masses. As soon as we reached the cell door, she nudged her hand over to the door.
I almost couldn't believe our luck when the door opened on the first try.
"Dumbass didn't even lock the door behind him." She laughed bitterly before slowly pushing the door forward.

"Wait! D-do you have a plan? We cant just walk out of here. This place is filled with the mafia and neither one of us look like we didn't just escape their prison." I warned quietly hoping there were no guards for miles to end in the estate.

"I do have a plan actually. It was my original one before I got stuck in this place. There is a small window on the 32nd floor by the storage where noone ever goes. It's the only part if the manor that is not guarded. That part of the manor is covered in bricks. It will be easy to get out if you're a good climber. If not, well... Yeah, you'll die. Even though you have those injuries, hm..... Oh, Im sure it will be fine. Plus.." She explained while grabbing onto the gun in her other hand. "We have a gun!" She said with a grimace.