II : TEN

Leaving Beau and Arlo again is sad, but Jana feels better when Din gives the twins instructions on how to reach them on the Razor Crest. After a few more hours with her family, the set of partners and their little green child must return to their quest. So, back on their singular speeder bike, the other had cut out on the way to the Calmiken farm, Din and Jana speed across the desert back to Mos Eisley.

Din, ever-considerate for tradition, stops only to let Jana return to the site of her challenge, waiting for her as she prays atop the very ridge she became Killshot before they continue their journey.

As time passes, they get closer and closer to the town, wind whipping Jana's cloak around due to their high speeds.

Then, something trips up the bike.

Jana yells as she flies forward, attempting to land and failing, skidding painfully across the sand with a newfound pain shooting up her leg as their supplies and equipment land across the area.

There's barely time to process the speeder bike blowing up before the blaster fire starts, someone calling out, "Get the Child!"

Bounty hunters. Or scavengers, Jana doesn't know; she doesn't care.

Jana's head whips up at the words, and she tries to get to her feet, but only falls with a pained cry. So, Jana draws her scope, the red tinted glass falling in front of her eye as she grabs her blaster. However, she's horrified when she doesn't feel it in her holster.

Hearing grunting, Jana sees Din fighting off three different men. Them she realizes something; she's among a Mandalorian's wreckage. She doesn't need her blaster, she just needs a blaster.

So, as quickly as she can, Jana drags herself across the sand to the first weapon she sees. It's a small blaster, one that would fit comfortably in her waistband, but a gun nonetheless. So, she picks it up and flips to her back, shooting a man off of Din just as he's put into a compromising position.

Then, a smaller alien holds up a hefty gun, and Din fires his wire at it and pulls, bringing the blaster fast and hard towards him, taking out the other two.

When Jana sits up, her eyes widen when she sees the same alien holding the Child, a knife raised to his throat.

"Drop him!" Jana seethes, immediately. She'd be able to land a shot without harming the kid, she knows it. She just can't risk the blade being so close to him, "Drop him, now!"

"Wait," Din says, holding his hand out to the mercenary, his other extended to the alien, "Don't hurt the Child. If you put one mark on him, there's no place you will be able to hide from me."

Jana adjusts her hold on the small blaster, "We can strike a bargain," Din continues, motioning to the scattered items of the wreck, "There's a lot of value in this wreckage. Take your pick. But leave the Child."

The brunette shuffles closer to where Din is standing so she's near him, her leg still bearing too much pain to stand. When she settles, it's just in time to see the alien motioning to its eye, speaking in a language she doesn't understand.

"If you're talking about this thing," Jana says, tapping her implant and retracting her scope, "Not an option. It can't be removed."

"Anything else," Din states.

The alien points its knife at the Mandalorian, speaking quickly, and Din nods, "Okay," He says, taking off his jetpack and taking a few steps forward, placing it in the middle of the small face off before stepping back, "Here. It's yours. Take it."