Chapter 30; D

Hermione Granger was like a habit he couldn't quit. She was worse than drugs or biting your nails or any old fickle habit a person might have. She left bookmarks through his memory every time she would smile or furrow her brow. She was the type of person who left you with withdrawals every moment you spent away from her.

It was so damn hard to hide his feelings. Even with occlusion that fucking smile found its way to the forefront of his mind. In their time spent together since the literal and metaphorical wall crashed down, he was constantly seeing her.

He had never taken the time to really look at her in their days at Hogwarts—and he never wanted to. He was always taught muggle borns were filthy, and not to mention she constantly hung out with the two people he despised most in the world. Chalk it up to jealousy, but he had never really looked at her.

But god damn she was beautiful. Touching her was like seeing color for the first time. He didn't think he could ever go back. He didn't want to. He wanted to make her his. Seeing her blossom underneath him made him feel like he was brand new.

He wanted to let her in and tell her everything about his life, his mother, and father. He wanted to tell her what upsets him and what makes him laugh. He wanted to know everything there was to know about her. He wanted to hear all her stories.

A selfish part of him never wanted to leave Azkaban. He never wanted to think of the war again. He just wanted to stay in their bubble, floating effortlessly. Anytime his mind drifted to what would happen if they escaped, he stopped himself.

He wanted to give in to her. He tried to think he was enough for her. He would try his best to be.

He let himself give in to small touches. He slept next to her the previous nights and it seemed like he could never go back to sleeping alone again. She was everything he wasn't. She was warm, caring, and pure at heart.

He wanted to kill anyone who would ever call her filthy again.

He shook his head and balled his fists. He wished he could obliviate his past and leave it all behind like footprints in the sand.

He wished he could recreate himself into someone worth her attention. He wished he could be someone she wanted without the isolation forcing them together.

He walked over to the hole in the wall, staring at her sitting on the bed. She was deep in thought, her nose scrunching in the most admirable way.

"Granger, we should practice combat again," he began to speak, taking her away from her train of thought. She paused, looking up at him.

"Fine, but only if you play fair," she smiled, meeting his eye.

So. Fucking, Beautiful.

"Darling you know I'm no good at playing fair, but for you, I will try," he laughed reaching his hand towards her. She took it, standing up. Draco led her to his room so they could practice.

She smiled that damned smile before getting into place to fight. The kind of smile that burned into your brain, showing itself every time you close your eyes. 

"For someone who claims to play by the rules, you sure are trying to distract me," Draco said captivated by her.

He tried to steady himself, preparing to duel her. Of course, he would try to challenge her, but he had no intention of hurting her with any of the spells he would send her way.

"I can't help it that you're paying attention to me, if we were on the battlefield, I would show you no mercy," she said sending a hex his way.

She was sexy when she showed him just how powerful she could be. It was like she finally found that fire inside her again, but with that fire, she was reborn into something new. She was no longer the mousy girl with the mane of curly hair she once hid under. She was a woman, who commanded attention anytime she entered a room.

He dodged it, cocking his brow. "Someone's feeling cheeky today."

"What can I say, I'm in a good mood to kick your arse," she said shrugging.

The tension rose high between them. Dueling was far more sexual than anyone would ever admit. Constantly being on alert with the other person, wondering when they might strike next.

"We'll see about that," he said smirking before launching a hex towards her. He missed by inches, causing her to laugh at him.

The way she moved her body was agile and effortless, like a garden snake. She was stronger, the magic inside of her working to her advantage like she had it all figured out. The magic that was once suppressed inside of her now flowed freely.

She had transfigured their prisoner attire into casual clothes, ones that showed every curve of her body. He wore a jumper with jeans, a very muggle look. When she had done so earlier that morning he simply laughed and thanked her. She had no idea what he wore in his free time. She had only seen him in his robes or a black suit.

"I can't help that every time I throw I hex at you I think about you underneath me," Draco smirked.

She was so damn tempting. Every time she shot a spell at him he wanted to pin her against the wall and kiss her right there.

"You bastard," she said her mouth turning into a smile.

She turned to him, pressing her lips against his. He moved his lips against hers and cupped his hand around her side. Every kiss they shared was like electricity shooting through his body. He knew he could no longer deny his feelings for her.

When she told Draco that she saw a future with him, he lost it inside. Cracks formed throughout the walls keeping him from truly being with her. It became profusely harder to build them back up.

He tried to tell himself it was purely a sexual attraction towards her, but he was lying to himself. Hermione was beautiful in ways he could never fully explain. She was strong and smarter than him. She was like a goddess that deserved to be worshiped. He hated himself for ever seeing her as a threat rather than appreciating that she was better than him.

When she asked him to fuck her, his heart stopped. Going all the way with her meant something more than just physical pleasure to him. Something so intimate, she was giving a part of herself to him, meant more than anything like could offer.

It also meant that she saw him, all the deep dark parts of him, and she decided that he was worth accepting them. That was the beauty of hating each other first. She saw all the fucked-up parts of him, and she could look past them.

She saw everything that others hated about him. And still, she wanted that intimate part of him, the kind lovers give each other.

"When I fuck you, I want it done right. Not here in a prison," he said pausing from their kiss.

She deserved everything he could give her. He wanted to take her somewhere beautiful—somewhere he could show her how much she meant to him.

"Can you use legilimancy on me?" She asked looking up at him.

He thought for a moment. Legilimancy would be a way to give her everything he wished he could. Not to mention that in their visions he could be someone else. He could be someone without his past or future. He could be someone that was deserving of her love.

"Possibly, would you want to go on a date?" He said sheepishly. He scowled at himself for being nervous about asking such a question. The old Draco would never be shy or overcome by emotions.

"Hmm, where would this date be?" She laughed.

"Wherever your heart desires. I will create it for you."

And he would. He would do anything, be anything from her. He would talk the ends of the earth for her if that meant he could be deserving of her.

A/N

Sorry, this is a filler chapter. The next chapter will be posted on January 21st.

Classes started back up and I will try to update every other day, but I am in college so if I miss a day I apologize.