𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

╭                        ╮
1903
╰                       

"Do you even know how to play this game?" Rory spoke to Klaus Mikaelson, looking down at a tattered chess board in between them. "It seems at though you don't know how to play this game."

"That's insulting," Klaus responded, silently trying to figure out how to play the game, not wanting his own ego to get ruined by some witch with flowers.

The two of them sat at a table, silently watching each other's moves as they played their game. Rory being the only one who actually knows what they are doing, and Klaus just guessing. The two of them had grown significantly closer, as Rory had with the other Mikaelsons too.

It was strange. It was so abrupt to meet another family, all with their own demons, and somehow form a friendship with them all. Sometimes, Rory even forgot about her own two brothers. Her other family.

"So, Aurora," said Klaus, moving one of his knights, "Is there something going on between you and my brother?"

Rory's face turned up into one of plain disgust, "Elijah? Ew, I mean unless you count him yelling at me for leaving a mess behind on the table, I wouldn't even think of that."

Klaus slammed his head onto the table, before looking back at Rory, running a hand down his face, "No, you idiot, Kol. Is there something going on between you and Kol?"

Klaus could tell that there was something between then whether they realized it or not. Whenever one would enter a room, the subconsciously began looking for the other, silently being drawn to another. It was weird for the other Mikaelsons to see Kol like that. He had never acted that way with another person, not even his own siblings.

Rory's face softened as she moved one of her own pawns, "No, I don't think so, why?"

"Oh, no reason, no reason at all."

"Alright," said Rory, the slightest bit of suspicion left in her voice.

"Rora!" A voice said from behind the two, but before Rory could turn around, a pair of arms went around her neck, hugging her from behind. From the nickname, and the smell of roses, Rory knew it was Rebekah.

"Hello, Bekah," Rory responded, turning around with a smile to hug her back, completely forgetting about the game she was playing. Rory hugged Rebekah with everything in her, almost as if she were going to never see her again.

It was strange. The Mikaelsons never were ones for hugging. Or touching of any sort. But somehow, Aurora Salvatore slowly became an exception.