Chapter1: The Spark⚡

[JIMIN]

"Nana! Nana! NANA!! I GOT IN!! I GOT IN!!" Jimin shouted to his grandmother.

"My dearest Jiminnie! You got into the band?" Nana Park asked sweetly as she stopped rolling the dough for the bread to look at the letter Jimin was showing her.

"Yes! I just got it from the post. Isn't this wonderful news, Nana?" Jimin says beaming from ear to ear.

"Your Grandpapa would've been so proud of you. Did you tell your parents yet? You should call them," she said as she continued kneading the flour mixture.

Jimin nodded and went to the phone to call his mom and dad. They too were excited and happy for him. His dad told him he would come to carry him to Seoul to make sure he settled in.

He came back into the kitchen reading over the acceptance letter from BigHit. His Nana smiling proudly.

"I knew you would get through. You have that spirit within you to accomplish anything, my Jiminnie."

He sat listening to his grandmother. She always believed in him. Jimin was sad his Grandpapa wasn't alive to see this but he knew he would've been just as proud. He came around to help her and kissed her cheek.

"Thank you for believing in me, Nana. You and Grandpapa always supported me in everything I have done. Thank you."

"You just have to believe in yourself, my love. And I believe in this new journey in your life you will meet your destiny. Everything will fall into place, love."

Jimin loved listening to his grandmother. She had a way of seeing things that were going to happen. He firmly believed in her words as he saw things she said come to pass. Nana continued giving him advice,

"But you must remember: Things that are good won't come easy. It's going to be tough, honey, very tough. But you must hold on to what you hold dear."

"You mean like you," and Jimin hugged her kissing her cheek.

"Haha! Yes, myself included but that special someone is going to come into your life. Cherish and hold on to them."

"But how will I know who it is, Nana?"

She wiped her dusty hands on her apron and coming face to face with Jimin she touched his heart.

"From here," she placed one hand over Jimin's heart and the other on top his head. As she closed her eyes, Jimin bowed his head. "Lord, guide my Jimin in this journey ahead. May he embrace his destiny and persevere in all things."

After her prayer Jimin hugged her again, "I love you Nana."

"I love you too baby. Now lets make a cake for you to carry with you."

They discussed the day and time he had to leave. Jimin explained that it was for the next day. The company wanted him to settle in the apartment by Sunday so he could start work on the Monday.

Jimin could barely sleep that night. He was so excited but also mindful of his grandma's words about finding his destiny. He pondered these words in his heart.

Morning came rather quickly and Jimin's dad came early to take him into Seoul. The trip would take approximately 4 hours to get there but Jimin was worried that his dad would take much longer to get there.

"You know we could still take the train Pa. You could park the car there and pick it up when you return." Jimin didn't want to tire him out.

"I agree with Jimin, Woo. Take the train," Nana put her two cents in as well.