049

february 19th, 2020
8:57 pm

NOELANI SIGHED, LOOKING AT THE PARTY THAT HER COUSIN Leilani had dragged her to

It was a large group of teenagers, aged from 15-18, on a beach that only locals would know how to get to.

There was a fire in the middle, creating an orange glow on the crowd as they danced to the trap music coming out of the speakers sitting in the back of someone's white pick up truck.

Noelani was hanging on the side, sitting on a sand covered park bench.

From where she was sitting, she could spot Leilani dancing with a few girls from their old high school in the middle of the circle.

Noelani smiled, watching her cousin have fun then she tilted her head up to peer at the ocean in the background, lit up by the sunset.

The last time she had been at a party was when she had met Jalen.

And look at how that turned out.

"Noel?" A masculine voice called out to her.

When Noelani peered around, she found Alex making a beeline straight to her with a smile on his face.

"What are you doing here?" She asked looking up at the boy.

"I was dragged here," He nodded towards a group of four boys who had joined the party, "You?"

Noelani pointed at her cousin, "Same."

"Can I sit?"

Noelani moved over a little and Alex sat next to her, "Not your scene, huh?"

Noelani shook her head, "Not in the slightest. Been there, done that with parties."

"I feel you. I would rather be surfing or something right now."

Noelani turned to face him, "You night surf?"

"Yeah. I know, crazy. My grandma tells me that all the time." Alex ran a hand through his hair then put his arm on the table behind Noelani.

"No, no, no. I was just saying I do it too. My mom calls me crazy for it too but being alone on the ocean is-."

"Peaceful." Alex interjected.

Noelani gave him an agreeing smile, "Exactly. You get it."

Alex folded his leg in to face her, "There's this beach near the city called Magic Island, we have to go sometime."