˗ˋ 19

╭                                                                 ╮━━━  " 📂  " ‍

╭ ╮
━━━  " 📂 " ‍..⃗. ༉

𝙍 𝙊 𝙈 𝘼 𝙉 𝘾 𝙄 𝙉 𝙂

 ! chapter nineteen ─── ʚĭɞ

╰ ╯

"I probably won't be able to enter college if I give up on maths, right?" Jugyeong asked

"I probably won't be able to enter college if I give up on maths, right?" Jugyeong asked. The four friends were walking around following the lessons, arms linked as usual.

"You'll have to be good at everything except math." Miyeon replied, eating some of her snack.

"I won't be able to get into college for sure." Jugyeong whined, Miyeon patting her comfortingly on the shoulder.

"Do you want to come to my math academy?" Sooa asked. "All the kids good at math like Soojin and Lee Suho attend to study there."

"I'm starting soon as well, I'm just getting it organised with my dad. It should be sorted soon though, so I'll be there as well." Miyeon nodded, when Jugyeong glanced over at her.

"Should I? My mom did tell me to look into math academies." Jugyeong said, looking between the three girls.

"Come, come. We do a study group after and we'll let you both in too." Sooa said, the four of them rounding a corner.

"Hey, Lee Suho." Soojin said, stopping in front of the bench that her childhood best friend was sat at. "Do you want to join our study group? We have one spot left open."

"I don't want to."

"You should join so my mom will stop nagging." Soojin insisted.

"Just tell her I'm in." Suho said, getting up to walk away.

"Do you want me to lie? Why don't you just join?" Soojin asked him, but didn't get an answer this time, just Suho walking away.

"He's so difficult." Miyeon shook her head, the four of them watching him go. "If it's me he has a problem with then I'll drop out, I can easily find a new study group - I actually can talk to people so that'll make it a whole lot easier."

"No - no." Sooa said. "You're in now, and seeing as we'll be studying Suho shouldn't have to worry about you sitting the same distance away as you are in class." She smiled up at Miyeon, who beamed back.

"Ah, Choi Sooa, you're too kind." Miyeon said, the girl smiling and tightening her grasp on her arm.

"I didn't expect him to agree anyway." Sooa said. "Let's just do it with the five of us, including Hoon."

"Okay." Soojin nodded. "Then we start as soon as Miyeon and Jugyeong register at the academy." Soojin turned towards the three of them, pointing her finger at Sooa. "Right, if you miss it to go on a date with Taehoon, you're out instantly."

"Fine." Sooa agreed without protest. "Oh right, Im Ju, I gave your number to that guy I'm setting you up on a blind date with. He should call you soon, look, isnt he cute?"

Sooa held up her phone, the three others crowding round it to check it out. "But is it really a good idea? A blind date? They can be dangerous."

"You've spent too much time in New York." Sooa said knowingly.

"His character should be cute." Soojin said after seeing the picture. "Make up your mind after you meet him."

"He's older right? Older guys can be idiots." Miyeon frowned. "Be careful."

"I'm not mentally ready yet." Jugyeong looked terrified, and Miyeon patted her on the side, a habit of hers that was soon becoming obvious.

"If you're that uncomfortable or not ready then I'll come with you. We'll pretend not to see each other and if it all goes wrong then you get out of there and bump in to me. It's a foolproof plan - it's in all the American movies." Miyeon explained, looking excited. "But - if you'd rather not, then that's alright."

"I'll think about it." Jugyeong promised, the four of them walking back to class. The school day was over rather soon after, and the two girls stood by the bus stop.

"I'm walking home today, trying to avoid my parents again. But let me know if you think about that idea you have - and if he texts you." Miyeon said. "But other than that, In really excited for you. Bye bye!" She headed off in the other direction as Jugyeong got on the bus.

She walked home slowly, and when she finally did get home it was completely empty - Eunjoo was probably visiting family again.

When Miyeon went to find something to eat, there was a note on the counter detailing her father getting her a place at the academy. "At least get can do something right." She said with a sigh, jumping when she heard her phone vibrate, pulling it out of her pocket.

She stared at the screen, not believing what she was seeing. It was a text - from none other but Lee Suho.

And it read one thing; 'I need your help'.