thirty-three

A few days later- First Week of October

Going back to school after that was awkward, to say the least. I made every attempt necessary to avoid Jesse at all costs in the hallways.

I don't know...how he could say all of that so easily to me.

Like he didn't look the slightest bit remorseful at all.

I feel so stupid. I literally cared about him to the point that I could've said 'I love you' and meant it with my whole chest just for him to say that everything we did together was a waste of time?

I never told Paola and Justine after Jesse and I...broke up?

See! I can't even call it a breakup because we didn't even classify what it was! I wasn't even with this man officially and it feels like I had my damn heart ripped out of my chest.

How could I even forget when he said it felt like he was running a marathon to be around me?

It genuinely amazes me how he even manages to come up with his insults.

Last week, I chose to do all the work for our English class. I turned it in by myself and I didn't put his name on it.

Considering he's a literal gang member who could hurt me very, very badly, his grades are the only spot where I could hit him the hardest.

After Ryan's incident, Paola and him have been undoubtedly joined to the hip since then and I guess a near-death experience will do that to you. She ended up telling him she loves him and he actually said it back. Sometimes I look at Ryan and I wonder how he's friends with Cyrus and Jesse when he seems to be the only one that has any ounce of actual emotion.

Jesse still sits behind me in English, I haven't told Mrs.Warren about the problems we're having and she's probably going to ask why I turned in the paper without his name but at this point, I genuinely couldn't care less. No one else in the class is going to want to work with me now since they're all comfortable in their own groups so I think it's just best to work independently.

It was Monday and Paola and I were in Calculus as we were waiting for Mrs.Tran to come in. The class was loud as usual before she comes in and quiets them down.

I grabbed my journal out of my backpack that was sitting next to the leg of my desk when, he who shall not be named, walks in with his black hoodie on his head as usual

He always wears that ugly ass sweater. I bet he's so dirty he doesn't even wash it!

...Yeah no. Who the hell am I kidding it always smelled great whenever he let me wear it.

His eyes meet mine as they typically do every day since that day. He makes his way towards the back of the classroom to the left, his usual seat that he had before we started talking.