Episode 2 - Unsteady

I was standing in front of a black screen, the edges of my vision were blurred with silver and purple tendrils of energy. I wasn't allowed to look around, no matter how hard I tried; my eyes stayed fixated on the black screen.

Then something happened -- the screen flashed to life, a black and white fuzz covered the screen and a soft humming noise rang in my ears. Slowly, but surely, the image began to clear. The fuzz started to fade away revealing a pair of bright red eyes. The picture cleared more and a purple light shined from the screen, the red eyes still plastered in the middle.

The buzzing disappeared, replaced by a maniacal laugh, a laugh I've heard before: the Overlord's laugh. I heard the terrorized scream of my brother, a cry of pain from Kai, the sound of an explosion!--

I inhaled deeply, arching my back as my eyes flew open. I was back in my bedroom and I was coated in a thick layer of cold sweat.

Breathing heavily, I jumped out of my bed and threw on my uniform. I slung my bow over my shoulder and shoved my daggers into my belt before throwing my hair into a quick ponytail. I dashed out of my room and burst into my brother's; He jumps in shock.

"What is it?" he asks drowsily.

"We need to go," I say, "now!"

"What? Why?" Lloyd says, but he doesn't hesitate to get ready.

"I had another vision," I say, tossing him his golden mask before pulling on my silver one.

"And?"

"Something bad is going to happen."

        ~

Lloyd and I fly to New Ninjago City, weaving around the tall, high tech buildings until I spot what I was looking for. The Ninja are surrounded by robots of all shapes and sizes. The city is usually run by a robotic police system, but judging by the red glow in their eyes, they've been corrupt.

Lloyd glances at me. "Are you ready?"

"Of course," I say smirking.

Together, we summon a ball of silver and gold energy, casting it down upon the robots and turning them good once more. A silver and gold dust hovers over the ground as we land, our dragon disappearing from beneath us.

"Robots versus Ninja? Dare I ask?" Lloyd quips.

Our friends cheer, pulling us into long awaited hugs. But our reunion doesn't last long. The same image that I saw in my vision flashes onto every television screens in the city, and the same raspy voice speaks to us. It's the Overlord.

"So you couldn't help yourself," he drawls. "Silver and Gold Ninja, we meet again!"

"Overlord," Lloyd replies. "We defeated you once, we'll defeat you again."

"Oh, I don't want to fight," the Overlord says. The surrounding robots come back online and, yet again, they are corrupted. "I just want your power!"

I'm quick to summon a ball of energy to my hands, but before I can use it, Uncle puts his staff out to block me. "No, Tasha, your power is only making them stronger."

"But how do we fight?" Lloyd asks.

"We don't," Kai replies. "We need to get you two and the Techno Blades out of the city."

"I don't think he'll let us leave," Cole says, glancing around at the approaching bots.

"I have an idea, but I don't have much time to explain," Uncle says. "Listen close."

He tells us the plan, and let's just say I don't like it one bit. The seven of us spinjitzu our way out of the closing circle, the boys climbing into their bots while Lloyd and I escape on our dragon.