Chapter 50: Wake Up

Epona's POV:

I sighed and flopped down onto the common room couch. The words on my hand were starting to fade, which was good. No one seemed to be around either. Most likely they're at dinner, so I have at least a half hour before anyone gets here-

"Oh Effie, babe..." A voice called out from the darkness, and I froze.

All the blood left my body as he spoke again, emerging from the shadows, "Did you miss me baby? I know you did."

I panicked, falling off the couch, scrambling backwards as Phineas approached me. My back hit the wall, and he crouched down in front of me, "Why don't you give me what you owe me, you little bitch?"

I screamed, and sobbing, and arms engulfed me into a hug. I screamed again, and backed away, "GET AWAY FROM ME PHINEAS!"

"Darling? Effie, it's okay. It's just me. He's not here. He can't hurt you." I found myself staring into grey eyes, and I fell into Draco's arms, still sobbing.

I don't know how long we were sitting there together, but the shaking of my body stopped slightly, and Draco was holding me tightly, rubbing my back. The room was only lit by dim candle light at this point, and he whispered into my ear again.

"darling, it's time to go to sleep...would you like me to walk you to your room?" He asked, his usually cold voice soft.

"can...can I sleep with you? I-I don't wanna be alone..." I whispered, and he nodded, giving me a reassuring smile.

"of course you can." He slowly picked me up, but when I tried to stand, he stopped me, "it's okay. just sit back and enjoy the ride."

I laughed through my tears, "what about you though?"

"oh please darling, you're very light. it's not that hard to carry you. if anything, you should eat more." I snorted at his remark, and he smiled.

For once, I was grateful Draco got a room to himself. Being rich has it's perks, huh? He layed me down in his bed, and went to go sleep on the mini couch, but I grabbed his hand with my shaking one, "d-don't go... don't leave me..." I mumbled, and he climbed in next to me.

"I won't...I promise." He whispered into my ear as he layed down.

I took a shaky deep breath, feeling myself calm as I felt his chest rise and fall in sink with mine. Without even thinking, right before falling asleep I mumbled, "goodnight, lovey..."

Draco's POV:

Ever since Epona's freak out, for lack of a better term, I've been researching what happened. Why did she see Phineas? He wasn't there, it's just like she saw a ghost. Turns out a symptom of PTSD is having flashbacks.

That would make most sense in this scenario, seeing as she was triggered by it when she was in the dark and alone. Exactly what Cedric said she was on that tape. Alone in the dark hallway in the middle of the night.

She hasn't had one since, mainly because I haven't been letting her do things that might trigger anything bad for the past month. Epona has slept mostly with me at nights since, and if not, Pansy made sure to get her a weighted blanket to stop her from feeling alone when she slept. I also got her a stuffed animal fox, because it's her favorite animal.

Father asked me why I wanted the most expensive but adorable stuffed animal fox, and I just told him that it was for a friend. He's not stupid, sadly, and he asked if it was for Epona. He had read the paper seeing how Phineas Brown was sent to Azkaban for two years for rape, sexual assault and abuse. Turns out Epona wasn't the only girl he had done that to. I didn't tell him anything, I just hung up.