37

Alexandra's pov

It's the weekend which means tonight is the night of the dance. I have to admit I'm a little nervous, but I'm doing a really good job at covering it up. I have faith in our plan for tonight. I also know I'm surrounded by people who want to protect me and Elena.

Right now I'm in Damon's room and I'm going through boxes. He and Stefan have boxes stored in the house with a bunch of their old relatives stuff. Dresses from different decades included. So that's what I'm doing...trying to find a dress. Along with Elena who's down the hallway with Stefan.

"Find anything?" Damon said.

"Can't decide. They're all gorgeous" I said.

"Go for something...sexy" He said.

"Your relatives wore these outfits" I said.

"And I'm sure they looked hot. I mean...look at me" He said and I laugh a little.

"I think I'll do this one" I said holding up a short dress thats long sleeves with a cute pattern on it. Definitely hippie vibes.

"Perfect" He said. I undress and then I grab onto the dress and unzip it and I can feel Damon's eyes burning into my skin. I step into the dress and then pull it up and put my arms in and then feel a gush of wind and feel Damon standing behind me.

He kisses my back and then puts his hands on my shoulders and I smile a little. He continued kissing me up to my neck and then I turn to him a little.

"Are you ready for tonight?" I said.

"The real question is...are you?" He said zipping my dress up.

"Yeah...I am" I said and then turned to face him.

"Good" He said and I smile and then lean in and kiss him. "I zipped that dress up...tonight I'll be unzipping it" He continued and then picked me up and spun me around.

"Is it safe to come in?" I heard Elena say and I laugh a little.

"Come in" I said and then saw the door open and see Elena and Stefan walk in.

"You look so good" Elena said to me.

"Not as good as you" I said looking at her dress which was similar to mine just a different color.

"So...are we ready?" Stefan said wearing a tux.

"As ready as we can be" Damon said.

•••

We're all at the party right now. It's in the gymnasium of the school, and it looks epic in here. I have to admit...I definitely feel like I'm in a different decade. Everyone is dressed up with their hair all done and dancing to music.

"I seriously hate these things" Damon said.

"Oh come on...it's not that bad" I said.

"Says the one who hates any kind of social event" He said.

"Must get it from you. You know...we're spending too much time together. I'm starting to act like you" I said.