C H A P T E R 2 2

F E W H O U R S A G O _

_

_________________________

M U S T A F A ' S wheel chair rolled towards the gate of the brides home effortlessly. The gravel underneath the thin wheels getting crunched under the pressure, producing an aesthetically pleasing sound. Raees rolled the reason of his mobility to stand infront of the street. All of the waiting for the groom to step out of his car.

The pleasant weather was an unexpected surprise. A stark contrast to the havoc that had been Lahore's weather for the past few days. Instead of the heavy thicket of fog that hovered over the city and made everything turn grey, the sun was out. Brightly shining on the horizon, warming everyones blood. Although the chill was still in the air, it was bearable due to the warmth of the Solar Systems natural heater.

The groom's train arrived at the start of the street. All accumulating and planning their entrance. In the front, there would be Rizwan with his father. Behind them Raees and Mustafa would follow. The narrow street only allowed for two people to walk shoulder to shoulder, so it meant a long procession would follow like little children going on a school trip.

"Mustafa aur Raees idhr aao, aakar tasweer khinchwao!" Raees' mother called them over.
"Acha ammi," Raees sighed.
His overly enthusiastic mother would not let a minute pass without taking their pictures.
"MashAllah! Kitnay haseen lag rahay hain meray betay," Alia kissed each of their cheeks, gushing over their handsome looks.
"Sab aap keh piyaar ka kamal hai!" Mustafa smiled at her cheekily.
"Bari methi methi laga raha hai!" She pulled his cheeks.

They were soon called to stand in lines as the groom had finally arrived. Rizwan looked dashing, as the sunlight fell on his clothes, creating a halo around him.
"Looking dashing man," Mustafa smiled at him.
To Mustafa, Rizwan was one of the most handsome grooms he had seen. It could be owed to the fact that he had visited but a handful weddings and he was high-key biased.
"Mustafa aaj tou tou bhi kisi sai kam nahin lag raha," Rizwan winked.
Giving him a hand shake, he hugged Raees as they stood together for some pictures. Truly forming a sight for sore eyes.

They had hired a band for playing the baja and dhol to announce their arrival. No sooner had the received the signal from Rehman that they began to play loudly. Moving slowly infront of them all and playing all sorts of tunes. The loud music awakened the residents of the streets, as the little children ran towards Hoor's home to inform of the arrival. Giving her parents enough time to get ready for welcoming them.

"Chalo chalo sab ladkiyun aakar gulab ki plate pakar lo. Dulhay bhai par dalni hain sab nai!" Jahan-ara ordered the young girls who were their neighbours.
The girls excitedly began distributing the petals, ready to throw them on the man that had come to take their sister. It was a well loved tradition and young women could absolutely not live without it. This part of the welcome was as important as the girls dancing on the mehndi to well choreographed dances.