-40-

"Now I know exactly why you weren't answering any of my fucking messages!" Emiliano boomed, waking Syd and Luca. "What the fuck did I tell you?!"

Syd wrapped herself in the bed sheet, watching in shock as Emiliano pulled Luca out of bed and threw him on the floor.

"Figlio di puttana! I told you she's not one of your fucking rag dolls!" Emiliano yelled as he dealt blows to Luca's face. "I told you she makes me feel shit! You can't just fuck her like she's no one!"

"What?" Syd gasped, too quiet for either brother hear.

"Non è come pensi, fratello," Luca barked, pushing Emiliano off of him and holding him to the floor. "Mi fa sentire anche!" [It's not what you think, brother... She makes me feel also.]

"STOP!" Syd finally rushed over to the brothers. "I SAID STOP!" she yelled, wrapping her arms around Luca's when he pulled back about to hit Emiliano. "PLEASE!"

Luca exhaled as he wiped the blood off his lip, got up off of Emiliano, and went to his dresser for a shirt. Syd looked down at Emiliano and a lump grew in her throat when she saw the hurt in his eyes.

"Simone," he frowned. Emiliano rarely called her by her name outside of business. "Did you do this because you thought I was with someone else in Italy?"

"No," she said softly. "It just happened..."

"She's a single woman," Luca added, walking back over to put a shirt on Syd. "Stop acting like she cheated on you."

"She wasn't going to be for long," Emiliano grumbled as he rose to his feet. He had been trying to contact Luca with some news about his Italy trip. But when he didn't answer any calls or messages, Emiliano got worried and went to his apartment just to find him in bed with the woman he wanted to be his - the only woman he ever wanted to claim.

"Wait," Syd snipped. "You both said I make you feel things... Em, what you said before you left. And Luca, your drawing..." she stood and looked between the brothers.

They both stared at her with indiscernible expressions and their arms crossed.

Syd turned away and dragged her hands down her face as she let out a frustrated grunt. "Ugh! We're grown ass adults! Why are we making this shit complicated?!" She plopped herself on the bed and looked up at the two of them. "You make me... feel things too."

"Wait. Me or Luca?!" Emiliano blurted.

"Both of you! Shit!" Syd snapped. "I have feelings for both of you!"

"It doesn't work like that!"

"Excuse me, what?!" Syd gawked. "Nah uh... Y'all set the fucking tone. Don't get me started on you," she pointed at the two of them. "Trying to double team me when we first met! And now you're going to tell me 'it doesn't work like that' when I say I have feelings for the two of you and you two feel the same?!"

"That was a year ago and we thought you were Syd Johnson at the time," Luca muttered.

"And shit's different now, Simone," Emiliano added and Syd grimaced when he called her by her name again. "That's back when we were just gonna fuck you."

"Jesus Christ!" She threw up her hands. "I can't do this with you two right now." Syd got up again to get her phone and text Frank.

Syd: Hey, Frank! How far are you from Tribeca?

As always, he responded immediately.

Frank: Not far, I'm in LES.