ARC 16 : THIS LIFE~THE BEGINNING

Chapter 263: This Life—The Beginning (IV)

TL: Resonance

“Keke~~” Qi Chen sat down next to Shang Ke and smilingly said, “Brother Dong asked me to go to the fitness center, accompany me there?”

“I’m not free.” He was busy changing the world, how could he have extra time for this? Shang Ke’s fingers were tapping away on the keyboard, and he didn’t even look up.

“Don’t be like that! Come with me.” Qi Chen hugged Shang Ke’s waist and shamelessly started acting cute.

“I said I won’t go. Go away, don’t interfere with my work.” Shang Ke pushed him away disgustedly.

Qi Chen was aggrieved “If you’re not going, then I’m not going too…”

Do what you want. Who cares if you want to go or not?

“… Then, I will stay at home to be your personal accessory, the kind that comes with a pranking function.”

Shang Ke action paused and he turned his head to look at him,

Qi Chen immediately revealed two rows of white teeth, smiling harmlessly.

Shang Ke: “Why do I want to kill you so badly?”

Qi Chen: “That’s because you love me so much.”

“Get lost.”

An hour later, Shang Ke and Qi Chen appeared at the Vitali Fitness Center.

Brother Dong was waiting for them at the swimming pool, along with a few familiar friends.

“Shang Ke, why didn’t you ask us to come out to celebrate when you got out of the hospital? Where’s your brotherly loyalty?” Brother Dong studied Shang Ke and said with fake anger.

Shang Ke smiled “I know all of you love to play. How would I dare ask you to come out before my body gets better?”

Brother Dong laughed out loud and asked, “So how are you doing now, are you all better?”

“Yes, fortunately.”

“Very well.” Brother Dong patted him on the shoulder, “Go warm up. Let’s have a good swim later.”

Shang Ke nodded and walked to the side.

Brother Dong’s real name is Yang Xudong, and his family has been friends with the Qi family for a long time. He and Qi Chen were great brothers and both had similar bad habits, they were both playboys.

“Hey Qi Chen,” Brother Dong leaned back on his chair and glanced at Qi Chen beside him, “I heard that you made Song Yuanyuan very miserable some time ago. This isn’t your style?”

“That’s right.” Qi Chen lazily leaned back and said flatly, “All women are cute in my eyes, but there is a premise. That is, they should not touch my bottom line.”

Song Yuanyuan is the culprit who ran to Shang Ke to make trouble and eventually indirectly caused Shang Ke to get into a car accident. Qi Chen spent a lot of time investigating this matter, and after identifying the target, he had people beat her up severely. She probably will not dare to come out to see people for the next one to two years. Qi Chen did not feel that he had gone too far. She caused Shang Ke to lie in the hospital for more than nine months and almost never waking up, he is already quite merciful for not killing her.

“Oh? What’s the bottom line?” Brother Dong asked with interest.

“Of course it’s…” Qi Chen’s voice stopped as his eyes fell on Shang Ke.