ARC 16 : THIS LIFE~THE BEGINNING

Chapter 266: This Life—The Beginning (VII)

TL: Resonance

Wei Xun originally only had the mindset of a financial backer with the thought of “giving him money to play as long as he stays with him” as he collaborated with Shang Ke, but after reading the information sent by Shang Ke, he was surprised to find that the technical content and development prospects were very promising.

Robotics research and development is still in its infancy, mostly used by some curious rich people and high-tech laboratories. For the general public, there is not much appeal. They are not smart enough, not practical enough, and expensive.

But Shang Ke’s vision of robots is entirely for everyday life, and is divided by function into pet robots, cooking robots, decorating robots, knowledge encyclopedia robots, cleaning robots, medical care robots, and so on, as well as professional customized guide robots, coffee machine robots, welcoming robots, and comprehensive smart robots. If they can be created perfectly, even if only a few of those mentioned functions could be achieved, they would still be a patented product that would conquer the world.

It’s just that these patents have not yet passed the application, and Wei Xun cannot be sure whether the technological skills mastered by Shang Ke is really as powerful as described in the data. If he can provide a finished product…

When Shang Ke returned home, he received a call from Qi Chen’s mother, complaining that some ungrateful son had not contacted them for a long time and only knew how to fool around.

“Keke, you must help me to discipline that kid, he’s getting worse and worse!”

“Haha, no problem.”

After ending the call, Shang Ke fished out Qi Chen’s number and was just about to dial it when the doorbell suddenly rang, and the one standing outside was the “ungrateful son”.

“Keke.” Qi Chen hugged Shang Ke and wailed in pain, “I got dumped!”

Shang Ke wasn’t affected at all. He carried Qi Chen in like carrying a sack, then he kicked the door close.

“I got dumped, Keke.” Qi Chen looked at him pitifully, with a stupid look that begged to be appeased.

“Congratulations.”

“…Why are you so cold and heartless.”

Qi Chen complained heartbrokenly while following Shang Ke into the living room. His line of sight fell on Shang Ke’s back, the playful expression on his face gradually disappearing.

“Get what you want to eat yourself.” Shang Ke sat down on the sofa and reproached, “Have you not been home again for a long time? Auntie Qi has given me instructions to discipline you fiercely.”

Qi Chen smiled, “Don’t be polite, please discipline me ‘fiercely’.”

Shang Ke glared at him and was too lazy to pay him any attention.

Qi Chen was glared at by him, but his depressed mood became more cheerful instead. He sat on the sofa opposite Shang Ke, then noticed the coffee table covered with wiring and parts. One of the relatively intact metal objects was connected to Shang Ke’s laptop.

Qi Chen’s heart was curious and was about to ask, but he heard the sound of the door unlocking. Then, he saw the tall figure of Wei Xun entering. His two cold and arrogant eyes fell straight on Qi Chen and there was no expression of surprise on his face. He obviously already knew he was here.